Beer Brats and Burgers

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
About as simple a meal as you can make.

Brats in a bath of beer and sliced onions

I don't usually buy preformed patties but these caught my eye so I figured I would give them a try.

Burgers done and brats done in their beer bath

Brats on direct to get a little color on them

Plated. Brats were as expected and the burgers reminded me why I don't buy preformed burgers, not very good at all.

John that meal looks great. My kids like the preformed burgers and I cook them often when I don't have a lot of time. Love the chips, another family favorite.

The brats and burgers look great! If you can't make those preformed burgers taste good cooking them like you can, then no one can. Still, they look great!

Well John I guess you have to try something to find out if it's good or bad, at least the brats were good.

That is one tasty plate! I bought a mixed pack with those beers when we were in LA. Cant remember exactly how that one tasted though :cool:

Something that I have come to realization is..... Buy Burger, roll into ball(s), Lay out wax paper, get a glass dish, atleast 5" wide on bottom, smash to 3/8" x 5"... Season, grill, top with cheese.... Best burger on the planet, make smaller and combine two burgers with some cheese in the middle for a Juicy Lucy...

Back