Beef Ribs

Tommy B

TVWBB Pro
After watching BBQ with Franklin on Beef Ribs I have been meaning to give them a try. I went to my local butcher and bought a 4 bone slab of beef chuck ribs. The whole slab was 4lbs and had a very brisket like grain. I cooked them at 280 for 5.5 hours. I had a temp probe in them and they felt tender around 204 degrees internally. I have never really sprtiz/mopped meat before. I like a good crust and always just let it cook. This time I very lightly basted the meat 3 times with plain water. When I say baste just barely got the edges wet so they didn't dry out. The black pepper/salt bark was the best I have ever cooked. I will baste/spritz everything from now on!

I rubbed with kosher salt and course ground black pepper. Anything worth BBQing is worth covering in black pepper.

after about 2 hours

Off the smoker to rest

sliced

bark was fantastic

super juicy

The rib was about the size of my plate! First time in my life I can say I ate just one rib!

I saw the same episode and want to cook the same thing. Those look amazing. How much per pound did you pay? I need to find a butcher here that I can get some from.

Wow those look great. I love beef ribs, kind of hard to find around here...but I did find some at Safeway last weekend

Ribs look awesome! I have been thinking about smoking some of those, but i haven't been able to find them at any of the places that are near to me.

Back