Beef prices are starting to come down.

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
I was in WinCo yesterday and was checking meat prices. Boneless chuck roasts are now $4.28/lb! I bought 3. Untrimmed tri-tips are still $6+/lb so I passed on that.

Chicken breasts are on sale for $1.48/lb. We have plenty of chicken breasts in the freezer in our garage so I wasn't planning on buying any, but at that price it was too good to pass up so I bought a couple packs.

Beef prices are REAL good at Cash and Carry. They had brisket for just $2.69/lb. Their briskets are BIG though (16 lbs and up).

They had boneless chuck roasts for $3.25/lb. I think the smallest one was 30 lbs. Still a really good deal since you can just cut it into 3 or 4 lb roasts.

A big NY Strip steak roast was about $6/lb. And they had 27lb boxes of boneless rib eyes already individually vacuum sealed for just $93.74!

I would have splurged on the chuck roast and the rib eyes but I didn't have an ice chest with me. I'll definitely be going back there on Labor Day Weekend.

They had boneless chuck roasts for $3.25/lb. I think the smallest one was 30 lbs. Still a really good deal since you can just cut it into 3 or 4 lb roasts.
That had to be a chuck roll or clod? Awesome deal.
Some things are at least getting back to normal.:)

Tim

Picked up three boneless chuck roast at Fry's (Kroger) at $2.99 Lb.
Today's Piggly Wiggly ad here has them (English cut) for $2.99/lb as well. Even though I have plenty of chuck steak in the freezer I'm tempted to grab another 2 or 3 to break down into chunks for ground beef.

Today's Piggly Wiggly ad here has them (English cut) for $2.99/lb as well. Even though I have plenty of chuck steak in the freezer I'm tempted to grab another 2 or 3 to break down into chunks for ground beef.

I haven't seen any Piggy Wiggly's in these parts except for the upstate of South Carolina. They are available down east near Fayetteville though.

Just got a butt for $0.99/lb., if the freezer had some space I’d have gotten two or three but, I’m going to have to get through some of the frozen stuff pretty soon. I’m not even sure what all I have in there! Pretty sure there’s a brisket down there and a couple of butts, maybe a leg of lamb, couple of racks of lamb ribs. Who knows what else!?

Picked up this boneless beef ribeye roast for $5.99/lb last week.
Didn’t really have room, but it’s in the freezer now.
6E4F8427-8DC4-4902-A6F8-748378EC258E.jpegCB2F9B3F-5367-4F03-BA58-4FD9216F6FEB.jpeg

Back