BBQ It All - a snake method accessory

J Grotz

TVWBB Wizard
Has anyone tried the BBQ It All? I'm looking for a gift for a kettle user. I thought this might make the snake method easier to use.

https://bbqitall.com/

6b_770x.gif

I hadn't seen this guy. Looks like it would do the job. A little pricey but would probably make a good gift for a bbq enthusiast. I've seen someone in our forum, possibly Bob, do pretty much the same thing with the charcoal ring out of the WSM.

A medium vortex is $42, so $50 is not too out of line for a USA made SS Weber kettle accessory. Also, Onlyfire made in China SS charcoal baskets are $28 (w/ a h20 resevoir another $19 for a knockoff of the $99 slow-n-sear) so the source does matter when it comes to price.

The BBQitall does seem a lot easier to use than meticulously arranging a snake, in the same way a Master-Touch is easier to clean than an Original Kettle (though there's that $50 worth of meat difference in the price).

All these great gadgets for the kettle are making me miss having one.

I usually just throw an aluminum pan full of water on one side of charcoal grate and my charcoal on the other. Never gotten close to 12 hours on one load of coal though. If this thing can do that then sounds great

I think that it looks pretty slick to me. A little high perhaps, but a lot less than a Slow N Sear. I also noticed that they have ones for the 18" and the 26". For the larger kettle it would seem you would have a better chance at a long burn since you have a lot more diameter to "snake" around. I am tempted to ask as a B-Day present, since it could make my 26er into a great BBQ machine if it worked. Only issue to me is can it really produce enough heat in that large of a kettle to maintain say 225 degrees?

it could make my 26er into a great BBQ machine if it worked. Only issue to me is can it really produce enough heat in that large of a kettle to maintain say 225 degrees

In their videos, they use a 22 and claim lighting one path and letting it burn 360 degrees around is good for 240 degree temp; they claim lighting 2 paths each burning 180 degrees around is good for 325 degree temp. Reach out to them on FB or IG and ask what the temps are on a 26er. I seem to remember one of their kickstarter updates indicating someone at WKC had tested it out. You might ask over there too.

I think that it looks pretty slick to me. A little high perhaps, but a lot less than a Slow N Sear. I also noticed that they have ones for the 18" and the 26". For the larger kettle it would seem you would have a better chance at a long burn since you have a lot more diameter to "snake" around. I am tempted to ask as a B-Day present, since it could make my 26er into a great BBQ machine if it worked. Only issue to me is can it really produce enough heat in that large of a kettle to maintain say 225 degrees?
John if you have a WSM you could use the coal ring in a similar fashion. I did this on my 26 last year and it worked well. I was able to maintain 275 for a five hour rib cook.

I've just been turning my vortex upside down (wide end up) on a disposable foil round pie pan filled with water. I put the briquettes around the outside of that. This weekend because it was cold and I was concerned about keeping the temps up, I had two breaks in the snake, so there were two lines of coals on opposite sides, and added lit coals at opposite ends. I got over 5 hours with temps at 300 plus or minus 10 degrees.

i know this thread is kinda old, but i am too. besides, a current thread led me to this one.
there are sooooo many gadgets out there... and the list grows everyday.
i bit a few times, now i only buy if Bob Correll likes it. And has it.

We ALL suffer from GIZMOSIS! I’ve kept coming back to this, I like it a lot, but, let me see how well the inverted Vortex works. Just afterburnered some ribeyes with excellent results, I should try a butt “snaked” with the Vortex and see how that turns out.
Marty Owens did me right on that purchase! It’s provided wonderful heat for indirect high heat chicken and the above direct beef work!
If anyone is on the fence about a “Owens BBQ original Vortex” treat your self for Christmas!
No financial interest just an unsolicited review!

I'm all for tools that make your life easier, but that's up to the individual and what they define is easy.
I picked up a NiB Master-Touch off CL a few months back. The gadgets I’ve bought for it so far that make life easier are the medium Vortex and the new improved Performer lid bale. I didn’t bother with the BBQ-it-All because I have a WSM for 12+ hour cooks.

I’m sure I’ll buy other gadgets for it in the future (I hear the call of River City Woodworks loud and clear for handles and bale rollers).

I picked up a NiB Master-Touch off CL a few months back. The gadgets I’ve bought for it so far that make life easier are the medium Vortex and the new improved Performer lid bale. I didn’t bother with the BBQ-it-All because I have a WSM for 12+ hour cooks.

I’m sure I’ll buy other gadgets for it in the future (I hear the call of River City Woodworks loud and clear for handles and bale rollers).
The "zebra" wood handles from River City Woodworks are so nice looking. I've already got plenty of wooden handles, but might splurge on those one day.

FB_IMG_1605789369600.jpgFB_IMG_1605789383240.jpgFB_IMG_1605789376078.jpgFB_IMG_1605789389575.jpgFB_IMG_1605789457314.jpg

Zebra wood looks gorgeous. I’m thinking redwood to match the wood on my Genesis 1000, but I might have to reconsider.

How do you replace the taco handle?

Back