Barrel of Jack at Costco: Any takers?

I know nothing about volumes in a barrel but the sign reads "barrel makes 40 cases" and I believe the cases read "SIX 1.75L." So is it $8,600 for 420 liters?

I don't really know what a case is...but if this picture is a test and all my clues are in it....I would say it equals out to about a round $35.83 per 60 ounce bottle........
Might be expensive for you folks south of the boarder....but to me that price is great.
It is also a great drink.......but holy cow, sounds like a lifetime supply...........that is a lot of 60's.............
Half way through it may not be a great drink anymore.....????
Also nice conversation piece.........similar to premium slat n pepper shakers.........maybe......

Single barrel is a much better tasting Jack than the standard version.....much smoother, great flavor.
I have a bottle at home right now......but from what I know I can only find it in 26oz bottles.
Might be different down south.......it's expensive up here.....picture is for a 26oz bottle where I can get it.

1714741423813.png

Last edited:
I have given it as much thought as it is going to get......
Bargain time, if that was indeed in CAD I would purchase that.....but I would have to actually know how much liquid is in there.

Think of the smoked brisket, ribs, pork shoulder using the dried barrel staves after savoring the last pour! :)

Might take awhile....maybe not. :LOL:

I was at the Jack Daniels distillery a few years ago and that is right about the price that they were selling for.
I think it’s because of the single barrel thing.
My favorite at the tasting after the tour was the Frank Sinatra special addition 👍.

I did a little digging. Apparently you don’t actually get a barrel, but you get 40 cases bottled which is equivalent to the barrel. Since it’s not bottled, can’t be sold.

I did see that on the sight but didn't know if this here was something different.

Why would anyone tie up money in this way? Or is it an aging thing (I know nothing about whiskey).

I did a little digging. Apparently you don’t actually get a barrel, but you get 40 cases bottled which is equivalent to the barrel. Since it’s not bottled, can’t be sold.
Boo! Thanks for looking.

Next time I am in my local liquor store which is like a small supermarket I will ask them they have a barrel with their name on it. Its a special batch I believe which is most likely what Costco is selling. Bullock's Wine & Spirits is the name they move alot of booze. And if you notice the name Bullock the owner is Sandra Bullocks uncle I think, at the register there is a picture of both of them together.

My guess obviously its not a barrel full of Jack its most likely bottled but I will find out. There is some marking on it that its specially picked out by a master distiller but I will get a picture it might be aged more or whatever.

Back