Barbecue sundaes with Prairie Breeze mac & cheese

Clay Neubauer

TVWBB Pro
I made barbecue sundaes a couple weeks ago, but wasn't quite satisfied with them by themselves. They really needed a standout side dish. There is a small creamery just down the road from a farm we rent that I stop at from time to time to get some cheese, and thanks to them I ran across this recipe. http://miltoncreamery.com/recipes/mac-and-cheese.html

So I picked up some. This is probably the most expensive mac & cheese ever, but I guess that's alright once in a while.

2014-07-09%2018.27.06%20_Large_.jpg

Cooking down the cheese sauce. Smells righteous.

Sauce.JPG

Just about ran out of room.

Layering.JPG

Let the 22 go to work, the chef desired a personal lubricant at this point so a nice fresh Mojito was whipped together.

Grillin.JPG

Mojito.JPG

Wrapped up some leftover pulled pork in foil to warm up in the grill, started some Bush's Grillin Beans in a pot, and got out some red cabbage slaw leftovers from last weekend.

PulledPork.JPG

That looks about ready for eeting.

Crispy.JPG

Here's your sundae- beans, slaw, and smoked pork layered with a cherry on top.

Sundae.JPG

Couldn't have been a nicer evening to dine outdoors.

Tabeled.JPG

I'll leave you with a shot of scenery from last week. Not sure I've ever been on such a dividing line between a gorgeous sunset and a violent storm. That was briefly tornado-warned about 40 miles south of here near the time the picture was taken.

Lightningsunset.JPG

....."you'll think heavens doors have opened
You'll understand why God made
Those fly-over states"

Great idea for the sundae! How did the exotic cheese taste??
Love the sky you have. I bet the stars really pop at night.

Hey Clay... What a unique cook, both the mac and cheese and the Sundae. Your photography is stunning. What an informative and artful post. Great job!

Love that veiw...Even shoe would taste decent looking at that. Add some premium eats and we have a winner!

Back