Bacon wrapped chick thighs and a new grill brush

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Found this normally $18 brush in Amazon's warehouse for $15.
It's a USA Kitchen Elite, and came with a small basting brush.
They also have a brush that looks just like it for $12, called the Kitchen Supreme, and it comes with a SS fork.
It has an 18" long handle and really gets the job done, seems very sturdy too.

IMGP3072.JPG

Yesterday's dinner, homemade bacon wrapped boneless skinless thighs.
Jo's seasoned with SPOG, mine with Weber's Kick' n Chicken.

IMGP3074.JPG

Bob's tip of the day, never go to your garden without a salt shaker.

IMGP3075.JPG

Tried to get the bacon crisp, someone sliced it a bit thick.

IMGP3085.JPG

IMGP3087.JPG

Sided with a baker, and chipotle mayo slathered corn.

IMGP3092.JPG

Tasty indeed, and the corn was more spicy hot more than the bird.

We had two guests joining us.

IMGP0950.JPG

Have a great week everyone!

Wow, Bob, those look great! Bacon really does make everything, better, huh? That's a whopper of a tomato, too!!

Rich

Like the brush and the cook and the plate and the deer and the " tip of the day" totally over the top.

Great looking meal Bob - that plated picture is pure art! Love the idea of wrapping the thighs in bacon!

Regards,

John

nice cook and good looking guests... If you are the hunter type someone ought to give them a warning they may end up on that grill some day!

Some excellent cooks Bob! That's a nice grill-brush, it'll knock the cling-on's off real nice. I have to ask though, what's up with the salt shaker in the garden? To sprinkle on the banana slugs?

Thanks again folks!
I have to ask though, what's up with the salt shaker in the garden? To sprinkle on the banana slugs?
Chuck,
If you've never picked a vine ripe tomato, sprinkled it with salt, and eaten it on the spot in the garden, then you haven't lived!
considering of course you like tomatoes.

Thanks again folks!

Chuck,
If you've never picked a vine ripe tomato, sprinkled it with salt, and eaten it on the spot in the garden, then you haven't lived!
considering of course you like tomatoes.
my wife and her mom would totally agree !

Bob , your plated pic of the bacon wrapped chicken , corn and potato left me weak in the knees ! this was altogether a very nice post. I always click on your posts , brother.

You're too kind Frank.
Here's the haiku I wrote when I posted that pic on FB.

grown by earth and sun
they were once called love apples
pluck salt eat repeat

Love the brush Bob!
Love the BaconWrappedThighs, Love the Tomato, Love Corn The taters, The Wildlife Company....
Love It All, Bob!!

Great Post!

Chuck, If you've never picked a vine ripe tomato, sprinkled it with salt, and eaten it on the spot in the garden, then you haven't lived! considering of course you like tomatoes.
I guess I haven't lived, yikes! Have been shopping for a retirement home, looking for 2-5 acres so that we can have: Pond, Garden & Chickens. I will keep my salt shaker handy awaiting that day...Hopefully I live that long :)

Back