Back in the Game!

Mike Gray

TVWBB Super Fan
Back in 2013 I posted about the end of an era, well I'm happy to say I'm back in the game! My family and I spent the latter half of 2013 in temporary housing while our house was being built. I sadly put my smoker and OTG in storage and finally got it all back in December when we moved in to our new home. This isn't the first cook that I have done or the first that I have actually captured on camera, but it is the first I have been able to post.

So far I have done, baby backs, Korean style rib eye, burgers and sausages, but I decided to capture this cook since the weather was nice and I had the day off from work. I broke out the rotisserie for the OTG as I had previously only used it on the WSM for the ribolator. Picked up some chicken thighs and used a Williams Sonoma Roast Chicken rub on it. It sat in the fridge for about 8 hours until I was ready to fire up the grill.

Just getting started.

My helpers

Giving it time to do it's thing.

Gettin there...

In the mean time, I made brussel sprouts with bacon I picked up from a local meat market and some baked russet potatoes.

Finished.

Your plate

As soon as I have find some more time I'll post some of the other cooks, but for now it's good to be back!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Welcome Home Mike & Family!
No Finer Way To Celebrate Than To Do Wonderful Chicken Like You Did!
Looks Absolutely Fantastic!!

Stunning looking chicken and very cute helpers too!!! Congrats on finally getting your house done and getting to move in!!

Welcome back, nice job on the bird! I gotta get my one of those rotis for the kettle,
only one I have is for the gasser.

Great looking helpers you got there and the chicken looks wonderful! Been down that road with the building of a new house and your life in storage for months on end. Feels really good when you get into your new home and get all your stuff back.

I feel like I've been out of the game if I haven't grilled, or smoked, something for a few days. That must of been tough. Welcome back.

What an ordeal that must have been not having your grills or smokers. We move out of our longtime home this coming Sunday into temporary housing as well while our new house gets built. I am trying to decide if I want to take my grills with me to the temporary place.

Glad to see your back in the saddle.

Back