Anyone use this stuff?

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
2D4D8CEA-5B13-492A-8B90-65617CF7E6DC.jpeg

After buying an 18lb bag for 7 and a half bucks, I see it’s made by royal oak, a name brand I have had **** luck with.

7CA38DC4-9CC5-4AED-A8C2-C6DB69293179.jpeg

well, we’ll give it a try today...

If a charcoal bag has the word RIDGE on it, it's pretty much a given it's made by RO.
In my experience the product inside can be anything from pretty bad, to pretty good.

Well I love how it says "Made from American Hardwoods". What they don't indicate is what type of other byproducts, chemical mastics and so on are in it.

Menard's carries it. Bought a bag awhile ago for a rib cook off.
It's ok nothin special, just like RO ridge or Embers.

Menard's carries it. Bought a bag awhile ago for a rib cook off.
It's ok nothin special, just like RO ridge or Embers.
menards is where i bought it, and i shoulda known it was RO cuz basically, that's all menards sells. AND i tried embers and i thought it was/is ****.

ya know, i gotta return something else i bought . . . perhaps i should return it too. I haven't opened it yet. 🤔

menards is where i bought it, and i shoulda known it was RO cuz basically, that's all menards sells. AND i tried embers and i thought it was/is ****.

ya know, i gotta return something else i bought . . . perhaps i should return it too. I haven't opened it yet. 🤔
Not like you paid big money for it pretty inexpensive for an 18 lb bag if it were me I would do some burgers or something and give it a shot. Tim said its okay Bob said a hit or miss so hopefully a hit. I know RO seems to get a bad rap sometimes and I have never used it to be honest but it seems they are making charcoal for a lot of vendors and it was rumored they made Weber Charcoal never confirmed.

Kyle had a thread on some Brazilian charcoal Kroger was blowing out at $2.99 a bag seems he was happy with it and if you read his thread someone had posted some other reviews on it and if I am not mistaken it was made by RO.

I’ve used enough royal oak charcoal to know it’s a waste of my time to burn it
And I don’t care if it’s free

thanks everyone for your input.
appreciated

Hey Jim, the gas for your truck to return it would be about 1/2 of what the charcoal cost.
Just use it to start your fire pit or something......

Hey Jim, the gas for your truck to return it would be about 1/2 of what the charcoal cost.
Just use it to start your fire pit or something......
Did I not mention I need to return something else too... so the gasoline I burn flips the coin in MY favour, Bob. :sneaky:

Never seen it before Jim, But never had a bad bag of RO.... I've been a member here since 2009 ... Just getting back to the fourm....If I can get my hands on some up here I will buy a bag and give a review

Back