Anyone have any good lid holder solutions?

RyanS_MN

TVWBB Fan
So my one gripe so far has been the lack of a lid holding solution. Does anyone have anything created and inexpensive. For the most part I've just set it on top of my kettle while cooking as I don't typically run them both at the same time, but for the superbowl that is likely to not be the case.

Mines in corner of my deck, has a railing next to it 5he same height as top efge of shell.

I just put it off to side on that rail

I have a black steel plant pole, think it's for hanging plants. Sticks in the ground, has 2 hooks, maybe 8" each. The pole is about 6' tall.

Another vote for the Unknown BBQ hinge.

MuXPQsf.jpg

For years I set my lid on the back of a wrought iron chair (look way in the background), but I discovered it had chipped the porcelain inside the lid. So I bought the hinge. Is it necessary? No, but neither is a WSM since there's always the el cheapo Brinkman. The hinge does make a performance difference in that it minimizes the amount of time the lid is open, at least that's how I justified it to myself! ;)

Thanks for saving me the search Keith! It’s really cheap and easy!
That said, I’m planning on installing an Akorn hinge this summer along with a few other mods. Or not.

Thanks for saving me the search Keith! It’s really cheap and easy!
That said, I’m planning on installing an Akorn hinge this summer along with a few other mods. Or not.
Seems like that posting with the pictures is worth pinning...a capital idea, btw. I just need to get to HD and pick up some sticks to put one together. I'm debating in my head whether to make one to accommodate either my 18" WSM lid or my 22" kettle lid, or just the WSM's lid. Of course the kettle lid has the inside hook that allows it to be hung from the side of the kettle or from the kettle handle. But I've found the kettle lid to get a bit warm hanging off even the handle, and as you mentioned, getting grease from the lid hook onto the side handle isn't cool.

Agreed, lids get warm hanging on the side. The three stick thing is cheap, make one with three 14” sticks and use it for both.
If there is a “ real” lumber yard around you, raid the scrap bin, free!
I have the Unknown hinge on my 18” kettle, the AKORN will go on the smoker, soon if weather allows!

Back