Any 'MEATHEAD" fans here?

Hi, I just received my June/July mag. and there is a 4 page article with his recipes for making his "Meathead's Last-Meal-Ribs (not his last meal).
Here is the link if interested. armagazine.com/meatheads-last-meal-ribs

I am sorry, I cannot get the darn link to work.

Last edited:
Oh yea. Bought his book, "The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling" the first time I saw it. Loving the science part and also picked up a few new techniques. Good read and a great reference.
I hope his site or his book has this recipe. Just too much typing for me to post. lol

Yup, I have his book and learned a lot. He's a member of this forum also. Here's a post where he responded....

Yup, I have his book and learned a lot. He's a member of this forum also. Here's a post where he responded....

Interesting, I wasn't aware that he had been on here. Love to see him in a Q&A session...

I completely missed that myself. I am a fan. I disagree with him on some things but I have the book and I started out reading the Amazing Ribs site like a lot of other people.

While I don't have his book, I am a fan of Meathead. A number of years ago he was a great help to me in my research regarding a BBQ Tenderness and Texture class I was teaching.

I like the guy. He's from Chicago and he used to chime in on 670 the Score for hints on BBQ for Memorial day.
I don't agree with the science some times because if you like it why change?

I have his book and gave a copy to my oldest Grandson when he got married and bought his first grill. He said the book answered a lot of questions he had.

Like his website, use his "last meal" rub for pork ribs (although I've gotten lazy & skip the ginger) & his "big bad beef" rub for beef ribs. Bought his book several years ago.

He appears to be a good guy. I used to visit his site quite often but haven’t done so in several years. I keep things simple now.

Back