And another pizza...

Tim Campbell

TVWBB Guru
Inspired by some recent pizza threads (thank you!), I decided to do a pizza last night.

Shrimp, corn, basil. Sauce was alfredo and about 2T of pesto. Really good stuff. Made in the mortar and pestle with help from my budding 9 year old sous-chef. He loves to bash things...figured he'd do well with this.
20220620_224043.jpg

Par-boiled 2 ears of corn. Quickly sautéed some shrimp with garlic. Mixed them together. Few grinds of pepper. Went with fontina and parmesan for the cheeses.
20220620_224108.jpg

Used a full load of JD in the vortex. Raised the deck with charcoal baskets. Got the stone up to about 600°. A bit low for leopard spotting, but this was a really, really good pie. Will definitely be doing this one again.
20220620_231604.jpg

20220620_231610.jpg

Thanks for looking and for the inspiration!

Oh man, I love the pizza threads and this is a good one. I have set my next date with kettle pizza for July 4 and have a lot of work to get ready for it. This site is so inspiring to me, I have book marked this pizza, after I start to make some progress with pizzas, and make my first ever batch of pasto I can then work to making this amazing looking pie here!

Looks great! One of mt favorites is to use bay shrimp, fresh spinach, black olives and sun dried tomatoes all on top of a pesto basil sauce.

Back