Accessories organization

I keep most of my BBQ tools in plastic bin boxes that are stored under my Blackstone.
It’s not real fancy but it works well enough.
My delicate temp probes go into a kitchen drawer.

Hey Pappy,
Have you seen them aftermarket Pelican cases?
Amazon has quite a few to choose from.
This was the first one I saw and they have ones that are less expensive.
This one is $54

Attachments

• 1673409388081.jpeg
    1673409388081.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 4
Back in my youth my dad would have used a beer case, they were mostly free and very sturdy! I still have some that I’ve used for storing his WWl airplane models and one with my N gauge train stuff in it. One is Stroh’s the other is “Sebewaing”.
His camping “equipment“ boxes were US Army surplus radio boxes they seal with an old rubber gasket and tops are totally removable if necessary. I veneered one with surplus Gibson guitar mahogany. It’s got lab glass and barware in it. Maybe I need to rethink some of that. That might be much more “cool” but, I’d still need the bucket for a stool!

I use a couple of metal surplus ammo boxes for electric stuff (thermometers, rotisserie motors, Spider Venom adapters and venom batter) and anything I do not want to get wet.

Lots of options to say the least! I really need to get on the sorting and organizing wagon again! When I get on the tear about it, it will be well sorted and make sense (for a week).

I keep most everything, except utensils, in a storage container, in the same shed as pellets, charcoal, smoking wood, my Big Chief smoker and Santa Maria setup. The utensils live in a kitchen cabinet drawer.

Check the “Apache” line of cases from Harbor Freight.
I bought mine when it was on sale for under $35 out the door.
They are customizable for your specific items.

Attachments

• 54816216-19D6-475E-A1C8-B64842C33832.jpeg
    54816216-19D6-475E-A1C8-B64842C33832.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 25
How most of my BBQ Accessories are stored with the temp probes and thermometers stored in the little ice cooler.

Attachments

• 9A8AA65F-D3A5-47C5-80A6-C86C0DE7F92C.jpeg
    9A8AA65F-D3A5-47C5-80A6-C86C0DE7F92C.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 4E026629-D2A0-456C-9232-9C32A98972AB.jpeg
    4E026629-D2A0-456C-9232-9C32A98972AB.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 6CA3E645-62E2-41DA-BC72-CD5294928332.jpeg
    6CA3E645-62E2-41DA-BC72-CD5294928332.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I keep most of my temp probes in the smokers ready to go -

Four in the offset (two air, two meat)
One in the drum (air)
Four in the SnS Kettle (two air, two meat)

The rest are on thermoworks spools stuck to the refrigerator

I use a plastic tool box for the goodies that I store outside; ginormous spatula/bottle opener, Weber lighter cubes, lighter, Ove' Gloves, remote Bluetooth thermometer, silicon bands
I bought one, but it let water in when it rained, so I spent a little more time looking at the design of them when I bought a replacement. I sits right on the counter beside my gasser
Tongs and instant read thermometers I keep inside

First post here, so be gentle. 😜 I’m looking for some suggestions on organizing all my Thermometers, probes, blower, other accessories etc. in one place. Anyone put a pinch and pull foam type case together for theirs? Would love any suggestions y’all can offer.
These spools are awesome for holding temp probe wires, especially the ones with 90 deg male plug ins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mac
These spools are awesome for holding temp probe wires, especially the ones with 90 deg male plug ins.

The spools look nice but I'll stick with my solution, probes stored with wires loosely coiled in one-quart zip lock bags. For $6.99 I can buy 100 bags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mac, that’s bordering on “obsessive” but, I really like it! It brings out the “Virgo“ in me! I might need to get some spools and take a trip to “Harbor Freight”! No, no, NO! Then I’d just have to order more stuff to organize!!!

Reactions: Mac
Tru
Mac, that’s bordering on “obsessive” but, I really like it! It brings out the “Virgo“ in me! I might need to get some spools and take a trip to “Harbor Freight”! No, no, NO! Then I’d just have to order more stuff to organize!!!
Truth be told, if I didn’t keep it organized, I would be hunting everywhere for them. FYI, the cases come in smaller sizes.

Back