A Few Recent Cooks

J Grotz

TVWBB Wizard
I've been shooting lots of my cooks with an eye towards posting, but time seems to get away so I combined them into a single thread. I have three functioning cookers: a drop in charcoal grill, a WSM 22 and a Genesis 1000. All three cookers are represented here. I seem to be doing more of the cooking lately, and I'm really enjoying it.
First up was grilled Yellowtail (Amberjack) with herb butter and grilled asparagus.
IMG_3871.JPG
IMG_3874.JPG
IMG_3875.JPG
It's one of my favorite fish to cook and eat. Fortunately, I have a friend who loves deep sea fishing and he keeps me stocked.

Up next was my first attempt at beef ribs, with grilled mac cheese and caprese salad. The ribs were wonderful and I will be cooking them again. Soon.
IMG_3880.JPG
IMG_3884.JPG
IMG_3886.JPG

And finally, Roadside Chicken with grilled asparagus.
IMG_3902.JPG
IMG_3905.JPG
IMG_3907.JPG
Thanks for looking!

Everything looks great!!! I love the billow of smoke that is coming off the RSC, classic. I haven't used the WSM in over two weeks, I need to remedy that this weekend.

Cooking up a storm, and everything looks great! I had a hard time moving past that first picture......that red-head Genny looks fantastic!

R

awesome looking cooks!
Thanks, Mike!
Great looking cooks. I think the jack is my fave.
Thanks, Jim! That fish was my fave too.
3 for 3! That's pretty good...just ask John Paciorek. ;)
Thanks, Brad! Don't forget the two walks! Five plate appearances and on base every time. That was before the Astrodome opened; where did the Astros play?
Everything looks great!!! I love the billow of smoke that is coming off the RSC, classic. I haven't used the WSM in over two weeks, I need to remedy that this weekend.
Thanks, Mike You've been cooking up quite a storm lately, too!
Thanks J. Three cooks and only 9 pictures, great job. !!!!!!!! lol
Thanks, Joan! I have more photos. Want to see them? ;)

A friend indeed!!

Great looking cooks J. Absolutely love that Yellowtail. Apparently so does Charlie B. :) The ribs and roadside look wonderful also.
Thanks, Cliff! The Yellowtail is my favorite. My friend went out fishing last weekend and I just picked up some Bluefin from his office today. I keep him supplied with BBQ. I owe him some brisket for sure! I'm not a sushi fan, but it almost seems criminal to cook that Bluefin. Charlie Brown came from your neck of the woods (Santa Rosa's a lot closer to Redding than LA) at the Charles Schulz Museum. G&T's are great for grilling!
Some great cooks there, they all could be on my plate anytime.
Thanks, Rich!
Cooking up a storm, and everything looks great! I had a hard time moving past that first picture......that red-head Genny looks fantastic!

R
Thanks, Rich! I am really enjoying the Genny. It's mostly a weeknight workhorse; the Yellowtail was a Friday night cook. Though I've spun a half dozen birds on it since I finished it in March.
Tasty meals you cooked up!
Thanks, Case! I have a long way to go to catch up to you!

Thanks, Mike You've been cooking up quite a storm lately, too!

[/QUOTE]
Yeah I have but it's been all on the kettle lately. Seeing those beef ribs on the WSM made me realize it. I got two Boneless Skinless Turkey Breast to smoke on Saturday, I am picking up a local pork shoulder from the farmers market on Saturday morning, and my daughter want to cook ribs on Tuesday when I work from home, so my WSM will get back in the rotation here soon.

That all looks delicious! I catch amberjacks here all the time. They're a really fun fish to catch...put up a great fight. I usually throw them back but after seeing this that might change! 😋

Back