$4 per lb. for no smoke briquettes?

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Ran across these on Amazon, $56.85 for two 7.07 lb. bags.
From the description:
"Original Natural Charcoal is made from premium charcoal briquettes, can light up quick without a lighter fluid, and produces zero smoke, sparks, and minimum ash."
I poked around and saw single bags listed at Walmart and a few other places for around $23.
Not much info out there it seems.

For that price, you could buy a lot of quality lump and still be money ahead. Looks like something to hook people who have more dollars than sense. (pun intended)

Naked whiz likes it, ( scroll down ) but not at that price.
I see they offer pallet size, 252 bags per pallet, that be like 14 grand, yikes.

Naked whiz likes it, ( scroll down ) but not at that price.
I see they offer pallet size, 252 bags per pallet, that be like 14 grand, yikes.
Tim,
NW tested the lump variety.

If the briqs weren't so much I'd try it to see how a charcoal can burn with no smoke, unless they mean after being fully lit.

No smoke..... ya'll oughta be grillin' with gas at that point. I want that thin blue smoke.

I can certainly see the no sparks attraction, though. Minimal ash? That I would have to see. My experience with any briquettes is that they always produce several times as much ash as natural lump. And there's no way that I'm trying this stuff at $4/lb.

Yes I know but if you scroll down they said they like these briquettes, but obviously not at this price.:)
Oops, I didn't scroll down at all.
They sure liked the lump. Interesting that it comes from Ukraine, I would have guessed Mexico or South America by the looks of the carbonized tree branches.

Ran across these on Amazon, $56.85 for two 7.07 lb. bags.
From the description:
"Original Natural Charcoal is made from premium charcoal briquettes, can light up quick without a lighter fluid, and produces zero smoke, sparks, and minimum ash."
I poked around and saw single bags listed at Walmart and a few other places for around $23.
Not much info out there it seems.
Gotta think that I would take a pass on this one.

Back