2022 Weber Price List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me understand this. Is the MAP the lowest price a store can sell the product? Take the price of the WSM 14.5. MAP is $279.00. MSRP is $329.00. What is the relationship of the MAP/MSRP? Will a store such as Lowe's advertise the MAP price or the MSRP price. I appreciate any assistance you can provide.

It seems that all Weber retailers advertise and sell at the higher MSRP price during non-clearance times. That's the price you will consistently see at Lowe's, The Home Depot, Amazon, etc.

Retailers will sell below the MAP price to clear out end-of-season inventory, discontinued models, etc., but that price won't be advertised online, in the weekly ad sheet, etc., only on a discount tag in the store.

A few years ago, people were buying WSM 14.5 from Walmart on clearance for $40, way below MAP.

$519 for a wsm 18 is beyond absurd.
Expect to see some of these mainstay products simply disappear, as they won't be carried because they don't sell. Which will contribute to Weber's death spiral. This is what has been happening over the past several years anyway and it's just going to accelerate.

There's almost nothing to a WSM and you still have to put hundreds of dollars into it to make it a decent item to actually use. It is no wonder the company is going out of business

Last edited:
Weber is circling the drain and has been. I don't think they're going to make it through this economic downturn. They have no ability to control their costs. Their only plan has been charging more for everything, in the face of falling sales. At best I suspect they get taken over... And the branding applied to even crappier chinese made products in future. They're currently seeking special financing to help them simply weather the winter off season.......

There's almost nothing to a WSM and you still have to put hundreds of dollars into it to make it a decent item to actually use. It is no wonder the company is going out of business
Huh? It works perfectly out of the box. Just season it. Any add ons are pure preferences, sans an additional coal grate so one can maximize coal burn through.

I ran my WSM 18 for years with nothing more than an extra coal rack. And it ran flawlessly, and without batteries, plugs, electricity, wheels, hinges, fans and such. Just add fuel, foil, fire, wood and meat.

Last edited:
Huh? It works perfectly out of the box. Just season it. Any add o sheet are pure preferences, sans an additional coal grate so one can maximize coal burn through.

I ran my WSM 18 for years with nothing more than an extra coal rack. And it ran flawlessly, and without batteries, plugs, electricity, wheels, hinges, fans and such. Just add fuel, foil, fire, wood and meat.
You got to compare it to what else you can buy for $500. At $200 it was an attractive option..…. Yeah it works.. out of the box. ... If you can get the aluminum door to seal well enough . Which will always require some bending effort on the user's part . The problem here is fundamental, the shells are thin metal and are easily out of round so the door has to be bendable to match your shell. I've seen some for sale that the owner obviously could not deal with the door problem because they fit extremely poorly.... Up to one quarter inch gaps . Its not for people who are good at working with things to make them work.

It's a very basic product in my eyes. However it does have something that no other smoker has, and thats portability. Few are looking for that though

The covid stimulus pellet cooker/smoker/grilling boom, is going to be followed by epic bust. Traeger is wondering when customers are going to" return".... To buy products again . They think the same customers want to buy a different product like every year or two........

Last edited:
The covid stimulus pellet cooker/smoker/grilling boom, is going to be followed by epic bust.
It already is a bust. COOK (Traeger) will not see follow on sales nor graduating sales. They’re done as a company and IMO won’t last. Of my friends that have Traegers, maybe they cook on them 3 times a month. They bought the trend/fad. They’re not outdoor cooker types of people.

You ever eat a burger off a Traeger? Would love to hear your opinion.

Weber is a massive and worldwide company. They are the backyard grilling giant.

Go look at used grill prices and Weber still commands a price compared to all other brands. All these off brand and chinecrap grills hold near zero value.

We’ve just gone through one of the most superheated economic inflation cycles in over 40 years. Many prices are still out of whack.

The coming correction is going to be wicked and painful.

Just yesterday I read that Intel, a large local employer in my town, might possibly RIF up to 20% of its sales and marketing people. With 7,000 local people at my local facility, that could mean a 5-7% corporate headcount reduction. That’s 350-500 local job cuts.

So many prices went out of whack over the past 18-24 months. That doesn’t mean Weber alone has high prices. All grills are overpriced.

I’d still buy a WSM over a Betty Crocker easy bake pellet pooper. WSM delivers a better product and requires no plugs or electricity. That Traeger owner is long gone from the market now. Their jobs are in jeopardy in this downturn. A $419 WSM looks cheap when someone won’t spend $1,000 on a basic Traeger, when they want to smoke some meat.

. Of my friends that have Traegers, maybe they cook on them 3 times a month. They bought the trend/fad. They’re not outdoor cooker types of people.

You ever eat a burger off a Traeger? Would love to hear your opinion.
My brother has a traeger, he got it as a gift from his now deceased wife before the boom occurred, when they were just really first coming out. He does not use it much. The reason is because it really doesn't make that good of food. He loves barbecue...... When we're together that's usually his choice of what to go eat...... He's not into doing barbecue at home. I'm the opposite, because I can make better barbecue at home than I get to eat most of the time from most restaurants. Restaurants frequently leave me disappointed.

But yeah, the market for pellet poopers has been saturated. Thanks to COVID stimulus, anybody that wanted a new grill or new pellet pooper bought one. There's nobody left to sell them to now for a while. And a large number of makers pedaling cheaper offshore produced models they have to compete with. So there's a pretty good hangover coming. The inflationary environment is putting a double whammy on that

I agree with Brett, the shoe will fall soon enough and I just hope I can get my foot out of the way so I don’t break a toe!
Happily, I have all the equipment I feel I need and I again agree with the “No electronics” up side to the WSM. It’s like playing acoustic music, if you plug it in, you get charged for it! I’m perfectly happy with the design and performance of my Weber products, all of them! Martin, if you’ve got a beef with Weber, this might be an odd place for you?
My brother got a Traeger just before the Covid disaster, it’s “okay” not the caliber of barbecue that he was sharing from the WSM by far though.
I’ve found nothing flimsy in my WSM, it’s been sturdy, solid with temperature control (no ATC) miserly with fuel, and produces excellent results! I’ve gotten into the habit of setting the thing up for the next cook as soon as I clean up from the last one, that way I can fuel it and spin up the rockets in fifteen minutes if I get an itch to smoke something. With the windscreen, which I’ve been leaving set up, I can load and have something working in almost no time.

I agree with your comments Brett.
I got rid of my Traeger about 2 years ago after not using it for a year........I bbq multiple times per week too.
I like your pricing on that 26......here is us up in the north on a 22" with the same goodies basically.
The non hinged lid of course.
1665670080877.png

Martin, if you’ve got a beef with Weber, this might be an odd place for you?
I don't have a beef with Weber, but I'll freely admit that a new WSM is lacking in a lot of areas, and is not worth $500 to me. And I have a lot more than that in mine. The most amazing thing is they could just put little screwed wooden dowel handles on the hot vents.... For pennies.... And they have no desire to do so. Some of their more upscale grills have little plastic tabs on the vents.... Again for a dollar they could include those on a WSM, why don't they? The truth is they don't care, it's a legacy product they're milking while they have focused on trying to turn their company into something else.... From what it began as. And here's the thing, they failed

Weber has been struggling for a couple of years and is teetering on going under....it's losing money. The CEO left last year after not being able to restore profitability. It's likely going to get taken over for the name.... that's going to be its only way to survive. The name will remain. The product portfolio will be sliced and diced , remaining products will probably change, get produced in china, and become cheaper and crappier. You can only lose money for so long.

Last edited:
I do not own or operate a business.
From my perspective businesses have ups and downs.....
The past couple years everything changed and very fast.
I don't think everyone was ready for that but again from where I sit......
You don't close up shop for a couple of years of questionable business when you have a successful business.
You are established and things will get better, you have been doing it for 60 years.
But again, I don't know crap about crap..........

I do not own or operate a business.
From my perspective businesses have ups and downs.....
The past couple years everything changed and very fast.
I don't think everyone was ready for that but again from where I sit......
You don't close up shop for a couple of years of questionable business when you have a successful business.
You are established and things will get better, you have been doing it for 60 years.
But again, I don't know crap about crap..........
But you’ve worked in a business and businesses don’t survive without quality employees. Don’t discount your perspective or experience.

I own a business and have been in startups prior to that for now over 25 years.

Running a business is hard. Running a successful business is even harder. You have to ride the ups and downs as that’s they way business works. Unless of course I’ve been doing it wrong all these years.

Everything runs in cycles. Even bell bottoms came back at one point. We just had an unprecedented upturn in doing things at home. Now it will swing the other way. Most people who wanted a grill already have one they may or not use. I think we are headed into the bust cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back