2021 Weber Discover What's New

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Weber: Discover What's New For 2021

This appears to be a dealer brochure, since it includes MAP prices. (Minimum Advertised Price is not a customer-facing term.)

New products for 2021 include:
  • Four new Smart Grills (1 Spirit, 3 Genesis) featuring a built-in digital tech package for real-time food temp and readiness countdowns on the grill or your smartphone, alerts, and Alexa integration.
  • The all-new Weber Traveler portable LP grill: a low-profile gas grill with integrated cart that fit easily in a car trunk for on-the-go grilling.
  • Summit Kamado E6 (formerly the Summit Charcoal Grill) and Summit Kamado S6 (formerly the Summit Charcoal Grilling Center). Some features have been removed and prices reduced $500 and $300 respectively
  • New accessories for SmokeFire, new GBS (Gourmet BBQ System) components, and Weber Connect.
Thank you to TVWBB member Oleg Karpu for finding this PDF online and sharing the link on the forum.

It's interesting to note that Weber used to sell a grill called "The Traveler", model JBK-300, shown on page 4 of the 1963 Weber Product Catalog. "A campers delight with detachable aluminum legs for easy storage." Yours for only $29.95.

2021weberwhatsnew-3.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that old catalogue was not politically correct at all.
View attachment 29512
Not sure what this has to do with the discussion above, but just to provide some context...this product is not part of the 2021 catalog linked above. It's featured in the Weber product catalog from 1962-1964, then disappears for several years, only to return to the 1972 catalog as a "wok pan". Wikipedia has a lengthy entry on the history of the derogatory term "coolie" for those interested.

Chris, a bit off topic, but do you have any info on how much a WSM cost when it was introduced , which I believe was 1981. I'm just curious.

Not sure what this has to do with the discussion above, but just to provide some context...this product is not part of the 2021 catalog linked above. It's featured in the Weber product catalog from 1962-1964, then disappears for several years, only to return to the 1972 catalog as a "wok pan". Wikipedia has a lengthy entry on the history of the derogatory term "coolie" for those interested.
Chris, I was just pointing out how times have changed. I thought it fair game, as you linked to the old catalogue.

Chris, a bit off topic, but do you have any info on how much a WSM cost when it was introduced , which I believe was 1981. I'm just curious.
You'll find that info in the beginning of this article:

Also, in the WSM Advertising article, there's a link to a 1983 Washington Post article that mentions price.

Inflation calculator says $120 in 1981 would be $352 in today's dollars.

For me at that time, that would'be been about 1/4th of my monthly take home pay.

Back