2005 Blue Genesis Platinum

You do not need the middle piece. It is nice to have but not needed. Just make sure to have the cross over holes pointed to the right and the middle burner under it. Once you tighten everything together it's will work fine. The piece comes off often.

That pot will work fine for knobs, but you will have to double dip table end caps. Lid handles will be a no go.

Roy that pot will only work for small items like knobs. For end caps you will need something bigger like maybe a tamale pan.
Bruce show him pic of the one you made and use

Roy I found the one Bruce made. Maybe you can get your welder friend to make you one out of SS. He puts outside on top of 2 Turkey Fryers and dyes away.

20210517_140413.jpg

Last edited:
The handles are approximately 24" long. That container above is approximately 26" long. If you want to do the table end caps, you can probably get away with the pot your bought, but you will have to do one end and then turn it over. I have done that before I made my dying bin and it works fine, but takes longer.

This is different much bigger Tamale Pan I have that would work using Bruce's suggestion, but I do not have a turkey fryer and have not tried it.

SS Tamale Pot.jpg

I really like this Bottom Mod, I think @Jon Tofte posted it. I do not know if it is his grill or not.

View attachment 47050
@Samuel That was mine. Another grill sold off due to my move from Florida:(. I used stainless tube frames, but since I can't weld like Bruce, I used the connectors posted by Joe. The hard part was drilling the holes for the door posts and catches in the middle. Thick stainless on those tubes isn't easy to drill! I used aluminum Z-bars pieces form McMaster, cut to fit and attached durawood slats. At least my friend in Florida has a pretty rust-proof grill. He will need it there!

I never solved the side and back piece dilemma. I eventually put the original small piece on the right back on to have the tank bumpers. It is not that susceptible to rust. I painted it aluminum/silver to blend in better. I had hoped to see about getting stainless or aluminum pieces fabricated for the left and back.

@Samuel That was mine. Another grill sold off due to my move from Florida:(. I used stainless tube frames, but since I can't weld like Bruce, I used the connectors posted by Joe. The hard part was drilling the holes for the door posts and catches in the middle. Thick stainless on those tubes isn't easy to drill! I used aluminum Z-bars pieces form McMaster, cut to fit and attached durawood slats. At least my friend in Florida has a pretty rust-proof grill. He will need it there!

I never solved the side and back piece dilemma. I eventually put the original small piece on the right back on to have the tank bumpers. It is not that susceptible to rust. I painted it aluminum/silver to blend in better. I had hoped to see about getting stainless or aluminum pieces fabricated for the left and back.
Jon, If your back and sides were like the Silver with the wood I did, they should have been able to mount right back on. The sides of course fit because the bottom side bars were the same. I had to bend the bottom lip of the back a little as instead of a thin piece of sheet metal it now had a 1" x 1" bar. I was able to get all the sides on relatively easy.

Jon, can you post a link to the aluminum Z bar material that you used from McMaster Carr? Thanks.

Jon, If your back and sides were like the Silver with the wood I did, they should have been able to mount right back on. The sides of course fit because the bottom side bars were the same. I had to bend the bottom lip of the back a little as instead of a thin piece of sheet metal it now had a 1" x 1" bar. I was able to get all the sides on relatively easy.
Joe, Yes they would have gone on easily, but they were rusted and I was trying hard to make this a rust-proof keeper for myself. I decided I would rather have no panels (but at least have the stainless front doors) rather than have rusty ones. I never had time or money to pursue fabrication of stainless or aluminum sides and backs. I wish my friend in FL had not sold his sheet metal shop. He made some awesome stainless parts for me, but we never got to fabricating any of these. They would be great replacements for this Platinum, of course, but also Silver B and C grills as well.

Here:

You need to do some measuring. I don't remember the size I bought, but I aimed for something close to the Weber ones. They worked great and are easy enough to cut. For this application you have to make additional cuts for the doors to work properly. You can see that in the front of the picture posted previously.

Here:

You need to do some measuring. I don't remember the size I bought, but I aimed for something close to the Weber ones. They worked great and are easy enough to cut. For this application you have to make additional cuts for the doors to work properly. You can see that in the front of the picture posted previously.
Much appreciated Jon.

Richard are you working on a Platinum. If you are post pics. I would like to see it.
No Samuel, I am working on a 3000 and had SS “Z” bars made up locally but it was expensive so was looking for a cheaper alternative for them. Not many options for where I live in Canada but I have relatives in the US and can place an order shipped to them from McMasterCarr.

Back