2005 Blue Genesis Platinum

That Eastwood rust encapsulator IS great stuff. My only caution would be to suggest going with the brush on variety where you can. In my experience, the spray can nozzles clog up all too easily, even when you take time to turn upside down and clear out the nozzle. The stuff sticks so well that it is hard to get it completely off the nozzle.

Question:
Can my bottom panel be removed without taking off the sides or do I have to do a complete disassembly to get it out?

Last edited:
Thanks guys, forgive me I was just being lazy. Once the rest of my restore is complete and I am able to buy the Eastwood stuff I will tackle this bottom panel project. Thanks for all the replies and input. Always very appreciated.

Good News, my New Left Black End Cap just shipped. It is suppose to be here on Thursday.

I think Larry is talking about grinding off the screws. For the rust, I would not use a wire cup brush and angle grider. The RPM is too high and the wire wheel will grab that thin steel edges and bend the snot out of it. Use a wire wheel on a drill where you can control the RPM's. Then you want to go after it with some sand paper to clean it up and smooth it out before treating and painting.

If you want to grind screws off, use a grinding disk for the angle grinder.. But, I think the screws are actually stainless and will probably be easy to remove normally.

Maybe so, but I just hope that Samuel takes it that way.
Its ok Bruce, It is good to laugh at ourselves once and while. That is the fun of grilling, rehabbing and this community. We are all friends here. One of the reasons I am on here so often.

Back