2005 Blue Genesis Platinum

Yah, just didn't want you to come back after trying it and say: HOw do I get all these grinder marks out of the side panels or frame. LOL

It is a all good LMichaels, I am just slow at catching on, because I am to serious sometimes. Thank for posting just to confirm it though. It warms my heart. I actually found it very funny once I figured it out with the help of others of course,

Last edited:
Nice, have you thought about maybe swapping in a black side burner?
I have but I do not have one. I like the two-tone application though. It does match the swing out table and it is in pristine condition. I would hate to see it go to waste.

To your point Bruce I do have a Black Side Burner I took off a Genesis Silver C, but it is the wrong one and I do not know what I did with the rest of parts to it. It is the one with the ignitor on it. I think I still have the trivet somewhere though.

Black Genesis Silver C side burner pic 1.jpgBlack Genesis Silver C side burner pic 2.jpgBlack Genesis Silver C Side burner pic 3.jpg

I am going to have to paint the side caps after all.
What are your opinions?
Ultra Satin Black or Ultra Semi Gloss Black?

Example Samples would be nice.

I am only going to light sand it. I will not be stripping to bare bones.

Last edited:
That is the same as I posted. They are the same paint. Works good. Krylon makes another High heat that I like as well, but it is a lot harder to find. If you want a more flat finish, Rustoleum makes a High Heat matte version as well. I use that on the cook boxes on my rehabs and I use the High Heat ultra Semi-gloss on the end caps.

Dang, the prices just keep going up. The High Heat Ultra was nearly half that just 4 years ago.

This is BobW's Genesis 1000 with the 2 colors. Semi-Gloss on top and Satin on bottom, but I am only painting the end caps.

BobW Genesis 1000.jpeg

Back