2005 Blue Genesis Platinum

What kind of clear coat did you use. The stuff I have used would turn that bare aluminum white. Yours did not.....Also, was it high heat clear or just regular?

I have an issue where the left side end slides out of the frame, not the end cap but the frame piece. I know if I drill a hole and put in machine screw in there, it will not happen anymore, but does it take a special drill bit to start the hole to drive in the screw since it is stainless steel.

That is very common on the SS Genesis Platinum grills. The welds on the brackets break. This causes the extension to droop down and makes the swing table hit the frame as well. You can drill the stainless and put in screws. I have done that. But on my personal one, I just welded the frame pieces together.
I would not try to do it with cheap bits however. I would pony up a few $$$ for some stronger ones than you would find at HF.

Started to paint my lid end caps. Got a few spots where the paint did not spray well. One side came out a little blotchy. I put two coats. I ran out of day light will put one more coat in the morning. What causes the spray can not to spray evenly. Do I need to shake it more often?

I have great results with Rustoleum when I use it and I don't shake it all that much. It could be a bad can/nozzle. you could return it for another one.

I think there is a problem with the paint. Is it rustoleum high heat ultra? It should cover better with two coats and I see the blotches. You can spray second third and fourth coats with only a few minutes between coats.

I think there is a problem with the paint. Is it rustoleum high heat ultra? It should cover better with two coats and I see the blotches. You can spray second third and fourth coats with only a few minutes between coats.
Yes it is Rustoleum High Heat Ultra. My first coat was with a partially used can. My second coats were when my problem started. The new can was missing the spray nozzle and I removed the spray nozzle from the previous can and I used it on the new can and thus, my problems occurred. I think you are right Bruce.

I used to use 99% alcohol to prep, but most of the time, I don't even do that any more after I have them sand blasted. As long as they are still clean after blasting, I don't bother.

I used to use 99% alcohol to prep, but most of the time, I don't even do that any more after I have them sand blasted. As long as they are still clean after blasting, I don't bother.
I think you're probably right about it being the paint itself, just trying to eliminate dirt/grease as a possibility.

Soak that nozzle in alcohol or something similar and use your compressor to blow it out a couple timetill it flows free again , you can test and see it if it is working by blowing it out under water.

Back