100 inches of snow. This weekend.

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
For those that like to follow along with California’s craziness, add this weekend’s storm to the list.

It started raining here yesterday and it’s been in and off with varying intensity.

Forecast shows 100 inches or more snow about to be dumped onto the Sierra Nevada mountains.

Highway road closures are already taking effect. It’s going to be interesting, for sure.

Kinda like it always is in the land of fruits and nuts.

For those that like to follow along with California’s craziness, add this weekend’s storm to the list.

It started raining here yesterday and it’s been in and off with varying intensity.

Forecast shows 100 inches or more snow about to be dumped onto the Sierra Nevada mountains.

Highway road closures are already taking effect. It’s going to be interesting, for sure.

Kinda like it always is in the land of fruits and nuts.

1709318347393.jpeg

We're supposed to get some light rain and sustained winds of ~25 mph. We do get a foot or so of snow on occasion, but most storms track North of us or split North & South. Been here, about an hour East of Reno, for 22 years and still don't own a snow shovel. Did my share of shoveling when I lived in New Mexico and too dang old for that anymore.

Won’t happen. Of course the way they measure snowfall these days…..I’ve seen reports of 3 feet that aren’t even 8 inches of snow fall. Hit the deepest snow drift and measure!

100” is a TON of snow

Won’t happen. Of course the way they measure snowfall these days…..I’ve seen reports of 3 feet that aren’t even 8 inches of snow fall. Hit the deepest snow drift and measure!

100” is a TON of snow
Tahoe does get these storms. When driving after the roads have been plowed, it’s like driving through a tunnel. Literally 10’ snow banks on either side of the road are common. It’s impressive if you’ve never experienced it.

Gonna be sunny and 70 this weekend. I put my snowblower in hibernation.:p
Yeah...I noticed at Lowe's this afternoon the snowblowers are long gone from out front. Replaced by zero turn mowers and gas grills. Thinking the snow is gone but March is very unpredictable. I think we got 12" total snowfall this winter...which is 12" more than last winter.

100” is a TON of snow
between Thursday and Sunday forecast is six to nine feet snow totals above 6000 ft.

100” is a TON of snow
FYI, Blue Canyon, about 30 miles west of Donner Summit, holds the record for more snowfall than anywhere else in the lower 48.

We actually got a dusting of the white stuff early this AM. Mostly melted now. A few light rain and/or snow showers this evening and we should be done with the storm here.

Back