05 Summit Platinum\Genesis Platinum Frankengrill Build Thread

Those doors will clean right up with a scrubber and some Windex, Ammonia or even vinegar. Follow up with a little Pledge or something and boom showroom. All you need is a fill panel in there

Larry, I have an EP330 I am working on and one of the side shelves has some dark pitting on the stainless. I used barkeepers friend and a worn green scrubby and it cleaned up real well minus that pitting. It is not staining, but actual pitting in the stainless. Any fixes you know for that?

IMG_0005.JPG

No not really short of sanding it. If you were to look at my Wolf you would see some surface damage on it as well (not from corrosion but from abrasions. I have thought about sanding it with a block and 1000 grit then cleaning but honestly other than wiping off heavy grime my grills are "tools" and so get treated as such. They're not show pieces LOL.
Kinda like my EDC pistols. I see some folks on the forum I am on complaining about how the finish wears on the muzzle area of the G2 series. I'm like "who cares?" I view as a badge of honor. Shows I actually use and carry it :D

I agree. Personally, it doesn't bother me, but it is a flip grill and I am already dealing with a lid that won't clean up like it should for some reason. I think weber really cheaped out on these newer E3xx grills over the 1000's and Silver B's.

Bruce,
I am on my phone so it is harder to do search and link, If you look at my old post about the Lazy Man grill I did a section about stainless restoration I researched using sanding and other stuff. It might be of some help.

Jon, I finally found it. I don't like how the search function works on this forum. But, I made it work.
I will check that thread later.

Honestly a trip to Hazard Fraught and get the small random orbital sander/polisher. Get some really fine pads/paper for it and polish away

Geeez, do I really want another tool and more supplies? Ugggghhhh. I was trying out Daves rehab method on this grill if I start going down these avenues, I will totally kill the rehab time that I was hoping to achieve. No where near daves turn over rates, but something better than my normal rates.

Question for the group.

Do I keep the Genesis Platinum badge or swap to the Summit?

Wish I could keep both somehow. A lot of history for me with the Genesis badge....but I mean common, who doesn't want a Summit?PXL_20210414_003348917~3.jpgPXL_20210414_003316041~2.jpg

Yah, it would be pretty easy to use both if you really wanted to. One on each side of the lid.

Yep, put some red RTV silicone on the back of the badge and "stick" it on. It can be pried up later if needed. You could simply cut the posts off the other badge and stick it on the other side or wherever you wanted to as well. I use the Red High Temp RTV on all my rehabs.

Yep, put some red RTV silicone on the back of the badge and "stick" it on. It can be pried up later if needed. You could simply cut the posts off the other badge and stick it on the other side or wherever you wanted to as well. I use the Red High Temp RTV on all my rehabs.
Brilliant. Wish that worked for the aluminum lid sides. I really don't want to drill and bolt them...

I don't understand what the issue is with using the regular bolts and nuts on the lid end caps. There should be no "drilling" involved.

Finally assembled and fired up the grill for the first time for a burner adjustment check.

Low seems pretty good, a little curious why the flame on the first burner and crossover "rolls" down the tube while the back 2 are solid. My ignitor almost never works there either, so maybe I need to tinker.
PXL_20210415_003333144.jpg

High:PXL_20210415_003348127.jpg

Side burner (from the Summit, orifice drilled for NG):
PXL_20210415_004856705.jpg

Rcplanebuyer on full display:
PXL_20210415_005014457.jpg

Back