05 Summit Platinum\Genesis Platinum Frankengrill Build Thread

LOL, I think a screw or two came from a Silver B. I think you should stick one of those on there.

My wife is so patient, but I think today's Amazon package has broken her will to listen ant further.

I had to bring the 2 year old outside for assistance and even she is growing tired of helping to build her inheritance.

PXL_20210428_234857580.jpgPXL_20210428_235126031.jpg

Well, there you have it. The grill we all wished Weber had made themselves, craftily put together by Brandon. As close to bullet-proof as you are likely to get. The "hybrid" badging is a hoot! Congrats on seeing that all the way through.

Just because I can't be done.

Flipped the side tables so the side burner was further from the house. Only another $30 in adapters, so why not.

Modified the shelves so it'll fit into the gap between my house and the column.

PXL_20210430_210440113.jpgPXL_20210430_210459418.jpg

You definitely can, especially if you've come this far. Parts are parts, even aftermarket stuff. Just a matter of making it look clean. Repurpose the igniter hole switch?

Someone tossed out a newer Genesis grill. I got there after the vultures got the good stuff, but managed to score the bezel I needed to cover the lid holes and mount the Summit thermostat.

This officially adds a 3rd grill to this parts bin.

PXL_20210502_003636182.jpg

Thanks Alex for locating this thread for me.

Brandon, I am finally in the process of doing up my own SS Platinum 13 bar deep box frankengrill that I had been hinting at for quite a while now. I will post up some photos if/when I finish it off but it is coming along pretty good so far. I think I have all the modifications mapped out and semi verified so that it will look pretty close to stock when I am done. I will not have a side burner on mine, but in the future I could push that over to the left side like you did. I just don't know that I would use it a whole lot and I like the idea of the massive shelf space available with two side tables and two swing tables. Mine will be open cart. I just can't see redoing a cabinet unless I can get SS for that as well since my is built on the 05 SS Platinum Genesis frame.

How is your SS Plat Frankengrill working out?

Thanks Alex for locating this thread for me.

Brandon, I am finally in the process of doing up my own SS Platinum 13 bar deep box frankengrill that I had been hinting at for quite a while now. I will post up some photos if/when I finish it off but it is coming along pretty good so far. I think I have all the modifications mapped out and semi verified so that it will look pretty close to stock when I am done. I will not have a side burner on mine, but in the future I could push that over to the left side like you did. I just don't know that I would use it a whole lot and I like the idea of the massive shelf space available with two side tables and two swing tables. Mine will be open cart. I just can't see redoing a cabinet unless I can get SS for that as well since my is built on the 05 SS Platinum Genesis frame.

How is your SS Plat Frankengrill working out?

Excited to see the project come together!

Mine is cooking good as ever. Grilled some steaks and burgers over the long weekend and did a quick burn-off and cleanup to show it I still care.

I've had a minor cosmetic issue with the front steel plate that I riveted, but that is just my lack of experience with a rivet gun showing. I need to resolve that and I still haven't taken the hour to rig up the sparker, but that doesn't stop us from using it almost daily. That side burner was a first for our family, and now that we have it we can't live without it.

Once I finish up my BroilMaster project and get my new project golf cart together, I'll come back to this and spend the time getting it from 95% to 100%.

Here is a prototype photo showing that I have solved the 13 bar cookbox issues. This is very preliminary and I have all the other rehab work to do, but I pretty much have the modifications all done to sneak the 13 bar cook box into the SS Platinum frame. The knobs and igniter all line up.

20210713_191421.jpg20210713_191533.jpg20210713_191525.jpg

Back