Looking for shipping advice for a large heavy object, box, shipper, etc

Yesterday it was in Wakeeny, KS, this morning it's in Elk Mountain, WY.
rollin' rollin' rollin' keep that smoker rollin' Rawhide!

I have a CD en route via UPS, and the tracking activity hasn't been updated since the ship date (7-12-18). Still waiting on the package.

I have heard greyhound bus, ships odd shipped parts for cheap and does a good job, I have never tried them but it would be worth a call

Excellent, cheap alternative.

I am shipping a Weber Fire Pit from KC to Kentucky. Fedex and UPS both wanted $235 since they consider 36x36x18 box to be oversized. Greyhound is doing it for $48.

Excellent, cheap alternative.

I am shipping a Weber Fire Pit from KC to Kentucky. Fedex and UPS both wanted $235 since they consider 36x36x18 box to be oversized. Greyhound is doing it for $48.

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind, although I assume one has to go to the bus station to pick up a package?

Yes, that is correct. Not something I would do with an envelope, but works great for those us that like to swap Webers.

Yes, I am extremely fortunate to have a Forum Friend like Bob who can be entrusted with such a task. I am indeed grateful for his help!

Here's the photo of the box in my garage, the photo Bob mentions above. Notice his excellent packaging skills!

Rgyu1Dn.jpg

I'll post some photos of what's inside soon.

Back