Hatch Green Chile Brats

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
This is the second year running I've seen these around the beginning of fall. I didn't get to them last year but snagged a pack a few days ago and gave them a try Sided them up with a macaroni salad.

enhance

Red and yellow bells, purple onion, jalapeno and some pepper.

enhance

Used a cup or so of this for the "bath".

enhance

Softened over some medium direct heat.

enhance

Added the beer.

enhance

Threw on the brats.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Into the pan with the pepper mixture.

enhance

enhance

Pulled out my salad.

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

These were delicious but honestly I couldn't see much difference in taste over the regular Johnsonville Brats I've been eating for years. Possibly it was the Weber Recipe I used. A lot of competing flavors there. Definitely a little spicier though. We'll do them again but they won't bump some of the other Johnsonville regulars out of the rotation. Thanks for looking.

That looks so darn good! Love the brat bath. We do the same here when we cook brats. Great post once again, Cliff!

Looks tasty. I like hatch chiles so I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for those brats. Is that ham in your macaroni salad?

Outstanding meal Cliff I would love to try them but with my meds I can't eat anything to spicy or it's heartburn city for me.

They look great. If I see any I'm going to jump on them. I might just do a couple with some Ballpark mustard and a hoagie bun.

Excellent grilling Cliff!
a local grocer chain that sells Hatch Chiles when available in August also makes their own bratwurst with Hatch chiles in them... and boy oh boy can you taste them.
not over the top hot but you know there is heat inside.
I Lov'em!
t2823.gif

Thanks again everyone!

a local grocer chain that sells Hatch Chiles when available in August also makes their own bratwurst with Hatch chiles in them...

Those sound wonderful Jim. I've sent a note to our one and only sausage guy and asked about Hatch Chile Brats. Will stop by later today and get some if they do.

Those brats sound deeeeeeelicious! I have been mixing some fresh hatch chiles into my ground beef for burgers, meatloaf, etc. Tasty, tasty stuff.

Thanks Cliff
Wonderfull looking Brats and Mac and cheese.

I needed something different for the usual Sunday Football BBQ.
This will fit the bill, hope I can find those Hatch Chiles brats.

No such luck today finding the Hatch Green Chile Brats, oh well beer brats will have to do.

That's too bad Jeff. I found them at our Winco Grocery store. Last year too. Looks like there is one in Lakewood but I don't know if that's anywhere near you. Good luck.

Thanks Cliff

I drive through Lakewood when I take PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) home from work some days when the 405 Freeway is unbearable. A 46 mile drive can take 2 1/2 hours.
I have never been to a Winco, will check it out and see if they have the Hatch Green Chile Brats.

Back