NY Strips with Baked Potato and Stuffed Portobellos

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame

I picked up these NY strips from my butcher.

Seasoned with kosher salt and Deep Tissue Massage rub.

After the indirect portion of the cook. I cooked these at 225 indirect to an internal of 115 before the sear.

Got the charcoal ready. This is some Weber charcoal I picked up from the sale.

Searing the first side. I'm using the "cold grate" method.

After the first flip.

After another flip.

Served with a portobello stuffed with cheese and pico and a baked potato.

The cook on the steak.

That is an outstanding cook Dustin! The strips look perfect and I love the sides. Pictures and presentation are terrific.

Dustin, that is one perfect steak. Your sides are awesome but will you tell us what you stuffed your mushrooms with? I'd like to try them.

Dustin, that is one perfect steak. Your sides are awesome but will you tell us what you stuffed your mushrooms with? I'd like to try them.

Barb, I bought those from the grocery store already prepared, but it's basically cheese and pico de gallo. I put a little of that rub on them. They were very delicious. I'll probably prepare them myself next time. I put them on the grill just indirect with the steaks and they picked up a lot of flavor. I should have thrown them on earlier. I had to toss them in the oven with the baked potatoes to finish them up while I was searing the steaks.

I don't think so, Chuck, but I have occasionally seen steaks that look like they might have been in the case. I'll have to ask my butcher. This steak was excellent. I'm not going to claim I cooked it perfectly.

Back