Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giving my grills a rest

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar

Giving my grills a rest

Howdy gang!
    It's been a rough New Year for this old boy.
    I'm all good now, but the first 10 days had me down with an upper respiratory virus that damn near put me in the hospital.
    I do have some cooks to post, maybe later today.
    Meanwhile the grills will be chilling for a few days with 9" down and they say maybe 3 or 4 more coming.

TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    Hoo boy, you got yours AND our share of snow. Although it's darn cold here (-13C , 8F), there is no snow.

BTW, that's our pointsettia from LAST year starting to put out those beautiful red flowers and to the right, my Carolina Reaper which I'm trying to over-winter.
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Glad to hear you're felling better Bob. We haven't done any grilling in weeks just to cold for my old bones. Using our Indoor Weber a lot instead, trying a lot of new recipes with it and our cast iron pans.

[IMG]100_4362 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]100_4129 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Cliff Bartlett's Avatar
    I was beginning to wonder about you Bob. Thought you had some lingering problems from the spill you took over the holidays. Sorry to hear about your latest ailment. Hang in there and get better. Looking forward to seeing your cooks.

PS....... You must have been really sick because those "damp" conditions shown in your pic's would never shut you down under normal conditions!
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Glad to hear you are doing better Bob. Down here in Houston we are battling frigid 67 degree conditions today. The Performer will be serving up some steak fajitas tonight.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Blackstone 17, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

Glad you're feeling better. Looks like you're getting the brunt of this snowstorm. Only 4-7" expected here between now and mid-day tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing those cooks.
    ; ; ;

Bob, don't try to shovel all that white stuff!

Weathering snow like that , makes the first warm days of early spring even more special. Can really appreciate the change of seasons.

Glad you're feelin better.

TVWBB Olympian
    No one have tarps to cover their grills ? Bob, good to read that yer good now.

Stay healthy, Bob.

I fought some upper respiratory illness myself of late, but not as bad as yours.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C, Q1000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast