Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Back in the days when I was a field service tech driving all over the place I did this all the time

I've heard of this before, but that looked a little under in my opinion.
    Now I HAVE heated things up on the dashboard before. Wrap lunch up in foil and put it on the dash. By the time lunch rolled around, lunch was warm! Not piping hot, mind you, but better than a cold sandwich.
    I've done this with sandwiches and ribs.
    Last edited by Phil Perrin; 05-16-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    Proud veteran of the US Army!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Perrin View Post
    I've heard of this before, but that looked a little under in my opinion.
    Now I HAVE heated things up on the dashboard before. Wrap lunch up in foil and put it on the dash. By the time lunch rolled around, lunch was warm! Not piping hot, mind you, but better than a cold sandwich.
    I've done this with sandwiches and ribs.
    Now that's a hobo dinner!

I put an inverter in our newest work van - it's set up similar to a motorhome or a boat, & it has an inverter big enough to power....... most cooking equipment I'd imagine. I've joked about putting a microwave back there, a water cooler, and a coffee pot, but nope.

.......this inverter, along with a couple cheap deep cell batteries, would be good to take to a BBQ comp if power was limited. We power hammer drills etc with it.

TVWBB Super Fan
    As a former auto mechanic I used to do this all the time. I'd bring pop tarts to work & toss them under the hood of the car I was working on, wrapper & all. It didn't take very long to get em warmed up & gooey inside!

Freezer Brisket - it's good!

I overloaded my freezer & found a vac bag of brisket while shuffling things around. Frozen Yakisoba noodles from Costco, a little microwaved freezer brisket (the dog got some fat too!), sriracha, & there's a fat-n-happy Clint.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Freezer Brisket - it's good!

I overloaded my freezer & found a vac bag of brisket while shuffling things around. Frozen Yakisoba noodles from Costco, a little microwaved freezer brisket (the dog got some fat too!), sriracha, & there's a fat-n-happy Clint.
    Hope my uncooked, 2 year old freezer brisket shares the same traits for Smoke Day.

TVWBB Pro
    The Costco by me put in speed bumps so big that cars are scraping and bottoming out on it. I decided to let the manager at the store now and was told they were having a problem with people speeding. I get wanting to slow people down but good grief that bump is going to do some damage to somebody's car. The bump hasn't been there very long and you can already see that it is missing its top layer from car scraping across it.

TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    SUE FOR DAMAGES!!!

They'll lower it pretty durn fast.
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

I moved to Orange, CA for a little while in my teens, & I remember watching the low riders roll up to a speed bump, lift up, roll over, drop down, & then drive over to the next speed bump ~50' away & do it again. I thought that was pretty funny.

I ordered my 2nd case of Secret Aardvark, the first was probably back in 2017 & I didn't really care for it all that much. I started giving it away as it was nearing the expiration date,,,and the last 2 bottles started finally grew on me. Just polished off the last bottle rt now on a tamale.

This time I got 8 bottles of the Hab sauce & 3 of the Jerk.

https://secretaardvark.com/

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast