Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

TVWBB Pro

Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Yeah, I'll go with that for now.

Just a thought off the top.
    It's said we have "free press" here in the US... <snip>
    Last edited by Chris Allingham; 08-19-2018 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Apologies, but political content

Nipping this in the bud...media is so politicized right now in our current environment that any discussion of right wing/left wing media is political discussion and subject to our rule of "no political discussion".

TVWBB Pro
    I was looking though the family portrait thread and besides being evious/jelious, I was also getting a bit embarrassed. My yard is in poor condition since I haven't had time to do normal upkeep on it. And even if I did, I haven't had the desire because it's just been too darn hot for me. My first Weber Gasser is still in the same condition as when I bought it for that reason. I will clean it up at some point though. And when I do I intend to ad my little family of four to the family portrait thread ☺.

Some say "getting old ain't for sissies" but I see that as glass half empty thinking. All of the negatives of getting old can be outweighed by the positives. I've gotten to see 77 years of change in the world. That was both good and bad. I'm blessed to have been married to my High School sweetheart for 54 years. I've seen our children grow up raise their families and now we have 3 lovely great-grandkids. While in the Navy I visited many foreign countries and haven't found a place I would rather live than in the USA. I found a forum on the Internet full of good folks who share my current favorite hobby. They're not interested in my aches and pains but they will help if I need advice on a cook or a purchase.

Having said all that I will say "Growing old is great - wearing out sucks."
    Old dog, learning new tricks - one cook at a time :-). -14.5" and 18.5" WSM, SS Performer, CB Rotisserie, Camp Chef Smokepro DLX (Modified) Pellet Grill

I pretty much gave up on fishing after spending ~$80 on gas/food/beer/lures one day each weekend. I often said "if I'd have just spent the money on fish instead of fishing I could've eaten a lot of fish". I was never very good compared to my friends, one (or more) whose motto was "you've gotta be drunker than the fishes".

So yesterday I spent >$70 on lures and didn't even get a bite while as usual my friend caught a couple.....I've gone 4-5 times (river & stream) so far this year & have only caught a couple small ones.

an old friend posted these for me not long ago, circa 1998

18.5 WSM > 22.5 One-Touch Platinum > Genesis Silver B > Smokey Joe Gold > Q100 + Q100 = Q200 > Go Anywhere Gas

TVWBB Pro
    if I'd have just spent the money on fish instead of fishing I could've eaten a lot of fish"

you've gotta be drunker than the fishes".

Sounds like you fish the same way I do. 🤔

OK here is one no politics

Getting old is like living in a haunted house. There are sounds and smells that just can't be explained

TVWBB Olympian
    Fishing, one of those odd sports. I did it at little to no cost as a kid. Now I see folks doing it at huge costs. Some say it's not the fish and yet they then get all proud with their 8 inch trout. When I see what is for sale to go fishing I have come to the conclusion that fish are way smarter than humans.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Cliff Bartlett's Avatar
    Happy Birthday George!
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast