Kingsford Original goes "100% Natural"

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not aware of a new formulation, but I've noticed the new phrase "100% Natural Ingredients" on Kingsford Original bags.

JumiIkd.jpg

I may reach-out to the company for a comment. It might just be a decision to confront head-on the reputation of the product and "own" ingredients like limestone and borax as "natural".

Your thoughts?

Just like grocery stores advertise all natural pork, beef etc. No one ever advertises unnatural pork, beef.

The thing with grocery store nomenclature is, “natural” really doesn’t mean anything, “organic” does have real restrictions.

Beaver castor sacs are used for flavoring in place of things like strawberry and vanilla. They are 'natural' ingredients

Food for though, as it were.

I'm like a lot of you who decry the inclusion of limestone, borax, and other non-wood ingredients in K, then go to the sales and buy hundreds of pounds of the stuff. No more! When my last 500 lbs is gone, I'm switching!

The thing with grocery store nomenclature is, “natural” really doesn’t mean anything, “organic” does have real restrictions.

I thought charcoal was organic. Even petroleum is organic is you believe it comes from fossils (organic materials). (Some scientists have found there isn't a trace of fossils in "fossil fuel" even at the microscopic level...I don't know).

From what I've read, it costs $20k for a license to call products "organic"...that's their justification for higher prices.

IMO, my garden is "uber-organic" because we don't use anything but water on it. ;)

Royal Oak's new "All Natural" claims only food safe vegetable binder is added.
It's the only time I've seen mention of what goes into their briquettes.

Back