Wal-Mart upgrades to Angus beef

Haven't bought any beef from Wally's in a long time. We mostly get ours from Costco. Wally's never really has so called sales in their meat dept. so it's pretty easy to beat their prices by watching the chain grocery store ad's on chicken, pork and beef. Although if it's certified Angus beef I would be willing to pay a little more on some cuts.
Wonder what the response from the other chains will be now that the cats out of the bag.

Most stores carry CAB (round here) and this must be the way they stay inline. I don't shop at WW, but M'lady picked up some ribeyes that were very good.

Tim

I quit buying any meat from Walmart in 2011 after getting the absolute worst ribeye steak ever from their
store in DeLand FL. Never again, CAB or not.

noticed Sam's Club also has "Grain Fed Angus Beef" along with pork belly.... something I have never seen at Sam's.

noticed Sam's Club also has "Grain Fed Angus Beef" along with pork belly.... something I have never seen at Sam's.

kind of makes sense if they upgraded the meat at Wally's seeing that Sam's is a subsidiary of Walmart they would use the same suppliers for Sam's. I'll have to check it out as along with Costco we have a Sam's here too.

I wonder if they carry CAB briskets. I've noticed our grocery store has gone to some kind of Angus brand. This seems to be a trend. I get most of my meat from a butcher where he butcher whole carcasses and hangs them.

Back