Garage Fried Rice

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Every time I get the discada out lately it decided to rain. Sure enough got out the disc and a big thunder storm rolled in. Rain drops the size of five gallon buckets! So I took refuge in my garage. After things dried up I fried some rice. The other day I smoked up a hunk of loin char sui style. Wife likes brown rice so that is what I used. Any rice will work, the key is to get the moisture out. This was say old. I spread it on a sheet pan and run a fan over it for an hour or so before frying. This trick will work with day old or new rice. It makes a big difference. When frying start with a high temp surface. Add 1-2 tablespoon of oil (this was 2 cups uncooked rice to begin with.) When it is shimmering add rice and quickly stir. Spread rice out as thin as possible. This will help remove the moisture. When the rice is done move it aside or to another dish stir fry your veggies. This may be a multi step process depending on how each veggie cooks. Add those that take the longest then as they get done add your other veggies. Add meat if using meat. Incorporate rice into veggies and meat. Push all aside, add 1 tablespoon oil and drop two-four eggs into oil, stir fast to break into small pieces. When scrambled incorporate into rice. Add sauce if using. For this I used oyster sauce and a bit of fish sauce.

34964886666_66ac1d2145_c.jpg

Right before the rain started.

34617381410_04ee226fdd_c.jpg

My welding table made a good staging area!

34964886506_5de484c5d8_c.jpg

34617380980_0c44516b03_c.jpg

Mushrooms, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, peas, carrots, shallots, garlic, fresh ginger. Bean sprouts were added right at the end.

34964886046_892dd14466_c.jpg

Wife didn't want meat so I fried the char sui separately for the boys and I.

34617379130_661d6667e8_c.jpg

Dinner is served!

I love fried rice, Case, and yours looks great! Good tip about getting the moisture out of the rice before cooking.....learned that one through some trial/error! Nice cook!

r

I love fried rice, Case, and yours looks great! Good tip about getting the moisture out of the rice before cooking.....learned that one through some trial/error! Nice cook!

r

Great looking FR Case, love the stuff. Thanks for sharing some tips on making it.

Thanks Both Riches or Rich�²!!

Yes you can use any kind of rice even fresh cooked rice if you get the moisture out of it. I prefer a longer grain white or jasmine rice, but the wife prefers the brown stuff.

Case the fried rice looks great. And healthy too. Very nice cook!

Thank you Robert!

Very little oil, very little sodium. With the way the Discada is seasoned I could use no oil, and if I removed the sauce, no sodium.

Good way to cook!

Case, that FR looks delicious and the plated shot yummy. I'd take a nice plate of that.

Wonderful looking meal Case. Right up my alley.

Case, that FR looks delicious and the plated shot yummy. I'd take a nice plate of that.

Count me in on that Case, looks wonderful. That disc is awesome.

Fancy! Looks tasty.

Really nice, fried rice is one of my all time favorites.

It looks so appetizing!!
Is it a plough discs?

Thank you everyone! Good stuff for sure. Next batch I think that I will make shrimp fired rice. One of my favorites.

Yes this a harrow disc. Measures 24" Dia. and weighs in at 29 pounds. The plug where the hub used to be was 1/2" thick. This sucker holds some heat!

At least your dish didn't have a load of MSG to contend with. :rolleyes:

I wonder how many Chinese restaurants still use the stuff?

Back