Halloween Rotisserie Chicken

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Robert and I must have been working on the same wave length yesterday as I did a very similar cook, Rotisserie Chicken, Scalloped Potatoes and Green Beans. Here is my version.

Hope you all had a great and safe Halloween. We did. My wife made this pumpkin from scratch on her embroidery machine. It is constructed from fabric and thread.

Our daughter in law got us this chicken from the Shasta County Ag department a while back. The were having a sale of their locally raised animals. This one weighed 6.4 lbs. Olive oil, salt and pepper only.

Got it going on the grill.

Worked on the sides while the chicken was cooking. Got the scalloped potatoes ready. Potatoes, chopped onion, butter, flour, salt, whole milk and a dash of paprika.

Potatoes on for an hour.

Green beans, pancetta, shallots, cooked on my CI Pan.

This bird took 2 hours, 20 minutes to cook to 165. Ready to pull.

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz349/sdivecliff/8%20Pound%20Pork%20Shoulder/DSC_4917_zpssjtpwwye.
jpg~original

Plate.

We had a fun Halloween and hope you all did too. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Cliff if we were on that show "Chopped" I would definitely be going home! Fantastic looking dinner! Your chicken has a great golden color to it and your Potatoes and green beans look delicious. Nice cook!

Great looking plate there Cliff. You and Robert both did excellent cooks. The pumpkin your wife made is gorgeous very nice work!

I see you're not the only person with talent in your family... Nice plate too; if you and Robert want to have a competition I volunteer to be the judge :)

Fantastic lookin' spun bird and sides, Cliff! Wish I had a plate of those fixin's right about now.

super looking bird and sides....and 3 charcoal grills going at once ? thats dedication. :wsm:

Oh my....Some incredible cooking going on in northern kalifornia. Excellent cook Cliff!!!

I see you're not the only person with talent in your family... Nice plate too; if you and Robert want to have a competition I volunteer to be the judge :)

I'm in with Clint on being a judge, awesome job. Your wife's pumpkin is beautiful, great talent runs in your family for sure.

I love seeing a multi-grill cook. Can be hard to coordinate, but is awesome when it all comes together, like this obviously did !!!

Home cooked roti chicken can't be beat and is that Pyrex on the BBQ? Who new.

Yep, that's Pyrex. Use it all the time on my grills. Haven't lost one yet.

Gotta be careful with that though. My stepmother pulled a pie out of the oven on Thanksgiving and put it on the stove to cool. It was a gas stove, so it was just sitting on the burner grate (it had been used but currently off and still warm). After fifteen minutes or so it sounded like a gun went off in the kitchen. Go in, pyrex pie plate exploded, up into the pie.

Back