Pulled Pork Pizza and a Plea

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
First the plea, or request actually.
If Chris can set it up, would you like to see a feature where you can simply like a post and the OP can see the names of those doing so? Something similar to Facebook.
Comments still optional of course.
I know we have the star rating, but it doesn't tell you who thinks a post rates 1-5 stars.

My point is, I'm retired and still find it hard to get through all the Photo Gallery posts and try to comment on each, then hate to post my own cook if I haven't been commenting on others.

So my request is:
Please post a comment of yes if you like the idea, and no if not.
Don't worry about commenting on my post otherwise.
Seeing the number of views is nice as-is, it lets the poster know that their time spent taking photos and posting were not in vain.

Not sure if it can be set up that way, but I'll take it to Chris if a majority vote yes.

I'll shut up now.
IMGP1205.JPG

IMGP1212.JPG

IMGP1214.JPG

IMGP1215.JPG

IMGP1217.JPG

IMGP1220.JPG

IMGP1223.JPG

IMGP1227.JPG

IMGP1232.JPG

IMGP1237.JPG

6 lb. butt, mix of rubs, 7 hrs. at 280 hood, wrapped for 3 hrs., rested and pulled.
Not sure how much the butcher paper helped, but it was tasty, very moist and tender.

Please don't forget to vote!

Thanks guys and gals!

No comment on the food..... :wsm: What does the butchers paper do? I have the plain white stuff... will that work?

Vote for Like..... +1

Yes. (can we still do polls here? That might be easier)

I think this has been discussed before and IIRC, one of the reasons we don't have it is so that actual conversation is encouraged. That being said, I'm a member of a winemaking forum where the "Like" feature is enabled. Conversation still seems to flow just fine.

Really nice pizza Bob. Fantastic, actually.

I vote no. I enjoy the comments and appreciate the personal feedback. Like and Don't Like doesn't work for me. It would take a huge amount of the fun out of it for me. Pizza looks freaking beautiful, Bob!

Thanks for the comments guys!
I vote no. I enjoy the comments and appreciate the personal feedback. Like and Don't Like doesn't work for me. It would take a huge amount of the fun out of it for me.
I agree Cliff, and would like to see the option for comments remain, but if a post is pretty much "Here's what I cooked" then I think a 'Like' would suffice.
But if the post is presenting details of prep, method, ingredients, etc then comments and questions are more helpful/useful, IMO.
Trying to simplify my life bro.:p

YES, !! I emailed chris with that request months ago and he wasn't enthusiastic. He has his reasons and they are good I guess...

but i wwoul love to see a thumbs up or a " me too" button or something. Just to let people know that you're seeing and appreciating comments.and liking what they are cooking. And I would never suggest losing the comment option , but as you say...sometimes a like is all you need.

I vote no. I prefer to write something if the post deservs it. If not I jump away.
Your PP pizza looks really good.
Right now I'm smoking 18 lbs boston butt in butcher paper. Up to 18 hours now and it will be ready @195F in one more hours. Then 1 hour rest and eat.

I get what you're saying about the posts. Not sure where I am on it. The biggest problem in the forum is that most people will visit once a day or so and then post 20 comments in a row. I try to comment three or four at time and that works out better. No hurries :).

Beautiful PP and pizza by the by! What a great idea!

I have mixed feelings on this as I would not use it. I feel if I look at a post and there is something I enjoy or would like to do I will leave a comment for the OP expressing my views. If there is nothing of interest or I don't care for it I just move on.
So with that said whatever the voters want I'm good.

Killer pizza by the way!

I vote no, I enjoy the way we are doing things now. I like the feed back from people. Bob you pics are great and love the pizza!;)

Pretty interesting debate for me. I do alot of lurking - don't do alot of commenting mostly because what I would say is already said by others. So a 'like' button would allow me to at least recognize the posts I view. On the other hand, a 'like' button would be absolutely redundant for me because I can't think of any posts I've looked at that I didn't like or appreciate. I think the viewed-by number should serve as the number of 'likes'.
My $0.02.

Back