Where and what kind of butcher paper

Rick Body

TVWBB Pro
Since a thread was started about foiling or not, I thought I would ask those who use butcher paper where they get it and what kind

I found a lot of white butcher paper online but all the brown paper is "craft" paper

So what do you guys prefer, white?, brown?, pink? butcher paper and where do you get it?

Sam's Club and Smart & Final have white butcher paper here in So Cal. I've used the white and it works just fine. As to parchment paper, it's coated with silicone, don't know how that would do in a smoker for 10 hours.
Cheers

Sam's has had it here for a while but I wanted to used the peach treated stuff. I finally decided I'd try the white Sam's paper and someone bought all of it. I'll probably order some from the above link at some point.

I got a small roll of brown "Kraft" paper at Hobby Lobby yesterday, and will use it when I do a brisket cook on the 4th. Expect it will work out just fine.
They also had rolls of white butcher paper, but I could tell it was slick on one side so it was unsuitable for the smoker.

I buy my briskets from a local butcher shop. I ask him for and extra 6 or 8 feet of pink butcher paper off his roll. He always obliges.

A little while back, Chris Allingham had either created a post or replied to one about butcher paper. He listed the company he got a roll from. It was the same company that Aaron Franklin uses. I can't find the post at this time to copy the link to.

Dave

Folks have been using Parchment paper for ever to wrap chicken/fish in indoor ovens.
On a tip from here, I'll place my meatloaf on a sheet or use a piece under my butts so the fat cap doesn't stick .
It does breathe and you still get smoke penetration.

Tim

I just ordered this stuff.
http://www.pospaper.com/241000r.html
It's the stuff that Harry Soo mentions in the comments on the Texas Brisket page. Not sure how it compares with the ABCO stuff. Supposedly Franklin is using the stuff from Oren-international which probably manufactures the paper ABCO is selloing. The TMBBQ article mentions a distributor in San Antonio
http://alamofoodequipment.com/

I asked for a quote and didn't get a response. The POSPAPER picture shows the same exact picture as the alamo food equipment. I'm not sure if that means anything. I'm excited though. I'll post a few cooks once I get it in!

Back