Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Jacob's Brats from Appleton Wisconsin

IMG_5231.JPG

IMG_5233.JPG

Patty Pan squash from our garden

IMG_5237.JPG

IMG_5238.JPG

Würst Sauce on the Bratwürst (from Ray's Butch Shoppe) with various cheeses & sweet chili peppers underneath

IMG_5239.JPG

IMG_5241.JPG

those were good
t2823.gif

the next dinner, we had an absolutely wonderful sunset....

IMG_5255.JPG

and on the grill, a coupla scrawny pork loin chops, marinated in Wickers then seasoned with pigsalt

IMG_5258.JPG

more sweet red chili peppers

IMG_5259.JPG

it gets dark fast these days....

IMG_5261.JPG
that night's dinner was served with
garden fresh beans with the peppers and Delicata squash with Mural of Flavour over it all

IMG_5263.JPG

a very tasty supper
smiley-happy045.gif

and finally, got out the avocado green 18" three-wheeler for a coupla chicken breasts...
soaked in Chipotle Mojo for about 4 hours, then coated in Panko seasoned with Tasty Licks

IMG_5279.JPG

IMG_5274.JPG

added a few small Yukon taters sliced up Hasselback style...
served with Buttercup squash, again, from our garden
smiley-happy047.gif

IMG_5285.JPG

IMG_5287.JPG

IMG_5286.JPG

this dinner may have been the best of the three...
Thank you all for your time
smiley-happy065.gif

All of the cooks and sunset look top notch Jim.....Brats look huge and though you mention the best dinner of the three, I would say Brats are hard to beat....I want to run home and grill some now.

I Agree, Mr. Lampe. It gets dark at half past six. I had high hopes that the sun would stay up later this year, but I was wrong. As usual.

Now, since I, thanks to you, have large amounts of patty pans, more than I can eat, and my few neighbours politely says "No, thank you" when I try to give them even more squash, do you have any ideas to preserve them? I've found out that I can blacnh them in coiling water, but then they will becom mushy, and I do nat want that. The fantastic crisp texture is something I would like to enjoy in months to come.

Regarding your meal, I'm out of words. I think I've used up all the superlatives that I know of. I give up.

Nice cook as always Jim. I can't believe you didn't cook the brats in a beer bath! (jab jab) LOL The Brat Sauce looks interesting - never seen nor heard of it.

I know what you mean about it getting dark earlier these days. I changed the batteries in my stalk light (like yours) the other day for the upcoming season.

Nice sunset photo as well!

Great looking meals Jim!! That chicken looks like the winner in my books!! Great food and cooking Jim!! As always nothing short of perfection!!

Another winning Trifecta from Raymond Downs! Great job Jim.

@ Geir: my favorite preserve for too much summer squash is a mustard relish.

Great looking cooks Jim. My wife and I are building a house next year and I hope to construct my own version of the P1GVILLION once we get settled. Hope you don't mind if I borrow some of your ideas.

Back