Labor Day pork steaks StL style

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Arthur and his Itis boys woke me up and started kicking my butt around 2 this morning, so I got up and started drinking coffee.
Wide eyed, I present to you a couple of cooks.

Last night's chicken spiedini.
Marinated, then panko & parmesan crusted chicken breasts.
IMGP7888.JPG

Melted butter with pressed garlic spooned over the whole shebang, except bread.
IMGP7889.JPG

Dang good eats!

Labor Day Monday it was pork steaks, St Louis style.
Smoked 'em indirect with hickory for 30 minutes, then gave them a direct hit.
IMGP7846.JPG

IMGP7842.JPG

Then into a Maull's bath.
IMGP7850.JPG

Back on, covered, for another 1.5 hours.
IMGP7861.JPG

IMGP7869.JPG

Tightened up the sauce on each.
IMGP7873.JPG

I went sandwich style with onion.
IMGP7874.JPG

A fine meal to end the holiday weekend.

Coffee cup is empty, gotta run, thanks for the visit!

early in the morning NO Kiddin'....
it's so dark out, how can you tell if that cup is empty??
Pork looks FANTASTIC as usual Sir King!
and
Your FAMOUS Chicken spiedini looks like Great breakfast food right now...
w0w! What a way to start the day!
Enjoy yuors!

Your chicken spiedini never disappoints, it always looks fantastic as does your pork steaks!!! That pork sandwich has me salivating!!!

Bob...your skills are amazing. I am praying that Wegmans gets pork steaks again so again I copy your cook...

Goodness gracious great balls of fire! Slow down cow poke! Dat dare is one hum dinger of a post. :) Thanks Bob, I'm hungry and headed to see the ole saw bones. I'll take 2 and I WON'T call you in the morning, promise.

Man those really look tasty, you are the PS, king.....better than the BS king! LOL;)

Arthur and his Itis boys woke me up and started kicking my butt around 2 this morning, so

IMGP7869.JPG

!

you know Arthur? What a small world! We are well acquainted !

bob , this all looks dee-licious , but I especially love this shot. I could do a half gainer right into that pan. Nice work , man.

Awesome looking cooks and photos Bob!
I can relate with Arthur and his itis! Seems to be visiting
way too much lately! ;)

Super job on the both cooks, Bob! Fantastic photos!!

Sorry to hear about the Art Ritis.:(

Last edited:
Note to the Meat Cutters Union - pork steaks now will forever be known as "Correll Steaks" in reverence to "The Master Of The Pork Steak". So it is, and so it shall forever be (at least here on TVWBB!). :cool:

When I get back to Missouri I'm buying a case of Maull's Sweet and Smokey. I didn't know they made it! My Dad had my uncle ship cases of Maull's Original to him in Washington State because he missed it so much....

Once again nice steaks! We have a lot of folks around here from St Louis and they get the Maul's. I tried some and it's good stuff for sure!

Man everyone on here always has some exotice seasonings or sauces or some awesome cook. You guys (and gals) are forcing me to find a way to step up my game

Those PS look AWESOME

Back