Your opinion of best rib rack for WSM?

SteveM.

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey everyone, what is your opinion of what the best Rib Rack that will fit BOTH the 14.5 and 18.5? I wanna get one for each grate. thanks

The 6605 works for me.

41bd6SjIApL._SY300_.jpg

But does the 6605 fit the 14.5? Guys are using the Brinkman 4 slot, so I'd think that my Weber 6406 4 slot would work as well. Not sure, though. It's discontinued but available still on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have a mini so I have the Brinkman black 4 slot and it works great. I also turned it upside down and uesd it to hold a bone in turkey breast, worked perfect. You can get it at Home Depot or Amazon.

The thing with any rectangle or square shaped rack, pan or stone is you need to know the diagonal. Any one less than roughly 14" on the diag will fit the foot print on the mini, than you have to consider the height. If you know L & W you can calculate diagonal.
Here's a handy online calculator that you can move any side to check.
http://www.mathopenref.com/rectanglediagonals.html
Edit: Just an example for clarification. Some would think a 12" X 12" square pan/rack would fit on a 14" mini, but it wont because the diagonal is 17"

Tim

Last edited:
I like this one that I picked up at Amazon:

61mLDvISbuL._SL1500_.jpg

It's nice because there's enough room for foiled ribs and tall enough so they wont flop over. Fits my 18 1/2 but don't know if it will work with the 14".

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000AXQAIS/tvwb-20

Chris, first of all welcome to the forum! Second, I've had that same rack for quite awhile and IMO it's toilet. Non-stick is a stretch at most, and that has more nooks & cranny's which is a royal PITA to clean.
JMO Bud, and YMMV :)

Tim

I use my Brinkman's rib racks (purchased as a pair for my Mini) in my Mini, my 14.5 and my 18.5. It cleans up easily, holds the ribs nicely and I get perfectly even cooking (only do half rib racks in my smokers to get even cooking). No more overcooked ends on my ribs...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Chris, first of all welcome to the forum! Second, I've had that same rack for quite awhile and IMO it's toilet. Non-stick is a stretch at most, and that has more nooks & cranny's which is a royal PITA to clean.

Tim

I would have to agree. My handle on it actually broke off after 1 use.

I'm just as apt to "coil" ribs, but I don't remember having any problems with the bark pulling off using racks, at least when using with cooking spray.

Tim

That rack, from Steven Raichlen, was my first rib rack. It works okay but it is an absolute nightmare to clean. I bought the new Weber model and it is a vast improvement.

Dan

I found the Weber 6605 at a local store for $10 so I grabbed it. The Brinkman is great too. The 6605 fits snugly inside my WSM mini which is all I care about.

Back