You know you're getting old when...

At the time, my oldest was about 11. She comes running into my home office, exclaiming the virtues of this "new" group she heard on the radio and how much she thinks I would like them. I said "cool tell me about it". She proudly exclaims "Santana". With that I pulled out some VERY old vinyl and said check this out and check the copyright. LOL. Her chin hit the floor. Especially when I told her he payed at Woodstock and by now he likely needed a walker to get on stage (that was a joke of course)

At the time, my oldest was about 11. She comes running into my home office, exclaiming the virtues of this "new" group she heard on the radio and how much she thinks I would like them. I said "cool tell me about it". She proudly exclaims "Santana". With that I pulled out some VERY old vinyl and said check this out and check the copyright. LOL. Her chin hit the floor. Especially when I told her he payed at Woodstock and by now he likely needed a walker to get on stage (that was a joke of course)
I've heard similar stuff about the Rolling Stones.

I keep expecting them to go out on the Steel Wheelchairs tour.

You know your getting old when you come to realize that women are laughing at you, when they used to laugh with you.
And that’s if they even notice you.
You know you’re getting old when you realize you are INVISIBLE to the entire younger generations.

When you remember driving a car that had two keys.
One to unlock the door and one to start the ignition.
e7ef8725d47fd9aa912427a28f75a964

Now it's no key. Our new RAV4 has no physical key. Only a transmitter. If you walk up to the car from the front it will wonk the lights and unlock itself!

Now it's no key. Our new RAV4 has no physical key. Only a transmitter. If you walk up to the car from the front it will wonk the lights and unlock itself!
This is a feature that I actively DISLIKE. I view it as a security issue. I do not want my doors unlocking except with a positive action my me. I'll grudgingly accept pressing a button on a fob, as long as a single press only unlocks the driver's door.

Think about a couple of cases..... the first being a petite woman walking out into a mall parking lot or ramp (think Mall of America.) If all 4 doors unlock when she approaches, that's an invitation for someone on the other side to jump in.

I should also point out that we should all get in the habit of locking all 4 doors at a drive-up ATM. I've been hearing rumblings about carjackings at drive-up ATMs by someone jumping into the backseat when we're distracted.

When you remember driving a car that had two keys.
One to unlock the door and one to start the ignition.
e7ef8725d47fd9aa912427a28f75a964
Now that I think about it ( Senior moment) The round key was for the trunk and glove box and the square key was for the doors and ignition.

This is a feature that I actively DISLIKE. I view it as a security issue. I do not want my doors unlocking except with a positive action my me. I'll grudgingly accept pressing a button on a fob, as long as a single press only unlocks the driver's door.

Think about a couple of cases..... the first being a petite woman walking out into a mall parking lot or ramp (think Mall of America.) If all 4 doors unlock when she approaches, that's an invitation for someone on the other side to jump in.

I should also point out that we should all get in the habit of locking all 4 doors at a drive-up ATM. I've been hearing rumblings about carjackings at drive-up ATMs by someone jumping into the backseat when we're distracted.
Yea I don't like that passive unlock feature.
My Wife's Hyundai won't unlock the doors but will open the trunk if you are carrying the FOB and walk up to it.
That's OK I guess if your out shopping, but just tooling around the driveway or garage not so much.

Back