WSM Stacker

Originally posted by Joe Ames:
I was just in Fred's the other day and he confirmed that a container is on the way. He should have them in his store in 1 to 2 months.
You could probably place orders now, or very soon.

Hope this helps

Joe Ames
Joe, You did go to FM Brown and Son's while you were there and picked up some Humphrey's Lump, right.
icon_biggrin.gif

Bryan, Fred had some on the floor. No samples tho'.
icon_wink.gif
Pssst, don't tell Fred but if you go to FM Brown and Son's you can get the 40 lb bags of Hump Lump for $20.95 verses $18.00 for the 20 lb bags at Fred's.
icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Bryan S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe Ames:
Bryan, Fred had some on the floor. No samples tho'.
icon_wink.gif
Pssst, don't tell Fred but if you go to FM Brown and Son's you can get the 40 lb bags of Hump Lump for $20.95 verses $18.00 for the 20 lb bags at Fred's.
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I saw that too. I find the same kind of pricing pretty much anytime I see it in a store around me. I buy mine at Pottstown Roller Mills for about $9 for 20lb bag.

Now FM Brown and Son's I'll have to check out for those times I'm looking to pick some up when I'm running back and forth to York.

Originally posted by r benash:
for those times I'm looking to pick some up when I'm running back and forth to York.
Ray, I'll guess that you take Rt 30 E and if so right before you get to the Centerville exit off to your right up on top of the hill is where I live about 1/3rd of a mile. We should get together sometime.
icon_smile.gif

Hey,

Maybe we all should get together at Freds' when he has something good cooking out front of his store. He was cooking ABT in the rain when I was there.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Hey,

Maybe we all should get together at Freds' when he has something good cooking out front of his store. He was cooking ABT in the rain when I was there.
wsmsmile8gm.gif
Joe, I'll be heading down to FM Brown soon to load up on 40 lb bags of Hump Lump. I'm game.
icon_biggrin.gif

Bryan,
I'm about 15 minutes from Freds' (St. Lawrence), however, I don't drive any longer so I will need a bit of a "heads-up" to arrange a driver.
Maybe if we ask Fred real nice, he'll get us a few rocking chairs for out front.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bryan S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r benash:
for those times I'm looking to pick some up when I'm running back and forth to York.
Ray, I'll guess that you take Rt 30 E and if so right before you get to the Centerville exit off to your right up on top of the hill is where I live about 1/3rd of a mile. We should get together sometime.
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes we should! Been doing work for Comcast in York and State College. Looks like Reading around June. I know the Centerville exit! I'm from Pottstown originally.

Guys - looks like Smokinlicious will not be handling the WSM stackers. They will only be supporting Fred's by helping to handle orders. They will only be selling the Pro BBQ Frontier directly.

Fred's shipment is expected to arrive in Mid May. And from further emails from Ian of Pro BBQ Fred's will be handling pretty much the full line of Pro BBQ products (including the accessories like the meat hangers)

Here's and excerpt of the email I received from Smokinlicious:

"Hi Ray!

Here is the latest information I have on the WSM stacker per a conversation with Ian of ProBBQ today.

Fred's Music & BBQ is currently scheduled to receive the ProQ Excel 20
smoker and the WSM stackers in a shipment expected in mid-May. He
currently has PayPal carts set-up on his website for ordering:
www.fredsmusicandbbq.com

We will likely not take delivery of the stackers but will assist Fred's
Music & BBQ with the processing of orders. This is still to be worked out
between Ian and Fred.

We will only be selling the ProQ Frontier Smoker at this time.

Thanks for your patience while we sorted through this. Let me know if you
have any further questions."

I need to say the the folks I've dealt with from Smokinlicious are just great people. Any future smoking wood order I place is going to them.

Sorry so late getting back to you George - still catching up.

When talking to Smokinlicious, they told me that there was also going to be a West Coast distributor. I'll check with Ian to see what I can find out. But as I recall they were still in the process of selecting someone.

I just went to place a pre-order. The shipping was close to $17 which brings the total price for the stacker up to $96.

Not saying it isn't worth it, but if I double that price, I could just about buy another whole WSM.

Dang, now I've got to think about it... and I hate thinking... LOL!

Sorry so late getting back to you George - still catching up.

When talking to Smokinlicious, they told me that there was also going to be a West Coast distributor. I'll check with Ian to see what I can find out. But as I recall they were still in the process of selecting someone.

According to Ian of ProBBQ regarding West Coast distributor location:

"We are in the process of setting up in Scottsdale, Arizona which isn't too far away... thing is it is taking a lot longer than we expected we are still persevering.

As soon as we appoint dealers, I will have them up on the site (usually on the same day)."

Originally posted by Tom Ferguson:
I just went to place a pre-order. The shipping was close to $17 which brings the total price for the stacker up to $96.

Not saying it isn't worth it, but if I double that price, I could just about buy another whole WSM.

For sure, but then for me it's more about adding heigth not capacity for adding the ability to vertically hang items like whole fish, sausage, etc. Having a second WSM doesn't solve that one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Ferguson:

For sure, but then for me it's more about adding heigth not capacity for adding the ability to vertically hang items like whole fish, sausage, etc. Having a second WSM doesn't solve that one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you're right, it does add height. So does 2 WSMs stacked... but that's higher than I want a smoker.

I'll probably get one. What I really want to do is be able to mount a rotisserie on one like the guys at E-Z Que started to do a couple of years back.

I ordered one as well. As I see it, it is only going to get more expensive as the fuel prices clime and the dollar falls against the foreign currencies. Locking in the price seems like a good bet right now.

Q'n, Golf'n & Grill'n.... too many choices!
Gary

Are the sections on the Frontier the same height as the WSM center section?

Without seeing the ProQ Fontier first-hand, it looks like it might have more features than a WSM. Handles, better door, and locking lid, sections, and bottom...
Fred's currently has a deal for Frontier with (3) center sections for $239!
icon_smile.gif

Back