WSM Stacker

Funny - I just came across the product today on Fred's website - wait a minute those guys are in the UK. Would you believe it, for once we get something decent here.

So I have a WSM now and have done many cooks on it and am contemplating a second one for larger gatherings + going into competition... how does the ProQ Frontier compare to the WSM? All in all it seems to possible be as nice. Anyone have both and want to chime in?

Mike I've seen a Frontier and don't like it as compared to the WSM. WSM is bigger, heavier built and has better quality hardware, racks, etc. IMHO. Now the new Excalibur is larger than the WSM, has better overall finish than the Frontier (pretty sure it is porcelain coated).

I would definitely give the 20" Excalibur model a hard look instead of the Frontier if I wasn't simply going to buy another WSM.

Also the ProQ WSM Stacker may be enough to ad the capacity, have you checked that out? The WSM stacker has a porcelain finish like the WSM as I understand it, but you should double check.

I dont have a WSM but I have a 18" SJP. Will this allow me to smoke with it? That would be amazing! And cheap - $50 for a new SJP + 75 bucks for the stacker is alot cheaper than a new WSM. How well would it work though? Thanks.

Please keep us all posted where and when they are available. I could use such an animal for my arsenal of cookery.

I called the store today as I noticed on their home page it now says the will be in May/June, originally it was May. They told me they are currently sitting in a container in England and realistically they wont show up until June sometime.

Thanks for the updated Toby; I was going to buy one for this graduation party cook I have coming up but to Fred's credit, he told me he didn't think I would have it on time (or would be cutting it too close) June 11th.

<Bump> Anymore news on this? Do they have them in the country yet? is June still a good month to expect them to start to arrive?

I had a dream last night all my neighbors bought wsms and had stackers on them, but I dindnt get mine yet
icon_frown.gif
Hope this helps
icon_wink.gif

Brandon

Back