WSM Stacker

Do you think they would consider a 22 1/2 stacker?

With a 22 1/2 one touch gold, I would need a hole on the side for the guru, some type of coal ring and water pan/heat sink/insulator.

Glad you liked the pork cooked over the coals it only took about three cooks to get the temp control figured out and mine normally take about the same time 7-8 hrs cook to 190 wrap in foil put in cooler for 2-3 hrs and eat. The smell is what is the amazing thing. Keep us posted on the stacker to make our MDS mini drum smoker.

Keep us posted on the U.S. debut for the stacker, I'll definitely order one for my WSM but shhhhhhhh...don't tell the wife. I'll just buy it and place it on the WSM and see if she notices...hehehe

Originally posted by Brian Moriarty:
Well I gotta say those pics are fantastic DM! I was kind of skeptical at first but I was looking through some of my cooks using my drum smokers and the pork butt you cooked on the WSM with the Stacker looks like the results I get cooking direct in the UDS's! I'll probably want a Stacker myself when they hit the states, but until then...
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Mem%20WEEKNd/100_1716.jpg

Hey Brian, where in Bothell do you live? My brother works for the city of Bothell but now lives on Whidbey Island. I grew up in Medina (left before it got all snotty) and moved to Southern Cal in 1984 and yes I’m still a diehard Seahawks fan.

Originally posted by Paul Balzotti:
Has anyone contacted ProQ about getting their product over to the states or if they will start to consider shipping over here?

ProBBQ is making the WSM Stacker. And it is for the WSM not for their smoker which is smaller. They do make stacker units for them, yes. But this is a WSM STACKER It will be similar gauge as the WSM and also have a porcelined finish like the WSM.

I have spoken to Ian of ProBBQ several times last year via email.

They ARE going to ship here. They are going to be distributed by smokinlicious.com I have already contacted them by phone. They say late this quarter is the expected availability. Wouldn't take advance orders though
icon_frown.gif

ProBBQ is also working a prototype 20" bullet smoker.

BTW - "Don Marco" is the person from Germany who started the earliest threads on the WSM Stacker from Pro BBQ
icon_wink.gif
Here's another post from him on another site. Follow down and you will see a photo of the 20" version of the ProBBQ Frontier sitting beside a WSM. Also pictures of his stacker in use cool:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36144&highlight=Probbq

Also nice article on suckling pig back roast (I AM GOING TO DO THIS!!!)

I really wish Weber would get their act together. Can you imagine a 22.5 stacker or two to sit on top of a Weber Performer? Goldmine! How about an extension much like the one for the EZ Que ring that had stepped notches on each side that would accept a modified grill that you could simply turn to lower/raise above the coals.

Weber doesn't seem to get that the charcoal smoker/grilling seems to be really taking off. Regardless of margins that are higher on the gassers, it wouldn't be that difficult or create any big tooling or design problems to get behind the kettles and wsm with some real improvements/options. There are rumors I've seen on other sites that seem to suggest that a 22" WSM might be coming this year, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Maybe Don is still watching this thread he started here and can chime in.

I went here and saw that the PRO-Q stacker cost $36 - on the french website, the WSM stacker was about twice the price of the Pro-Q unit, so I feat that it will cost about $70.

I'm sure that at that price some folks will jump on it!

Rich, I found out there is the pro stacker middle and there is also the middle for the WSM. Two different items. Two different prices

Originally posted by paul h:
Rich, I found out there is the pro stacker middle and there is also the middle for the WSM. Two different items. Two different prices

Right Paul, the PRO-Q stacker is $36 (not real interesting to us WSM folks) and the WSM version I EXPECT to be about twice that.
icon_mad.gif

Here's the latest update. If Ian's watching he may chime in. This info is not from Ian, but from Smokinlicious.

Ian is still working on distribution and shipping to the US. It's probably unlikely that we will see them in March. Challenges are around finding someone to warehouse large quantities as they come in and take on the enterprise of warehousing and distribution.

Still finalizing East and West coast operations, distribution issues.

That said let me net out:

Excel is the name of the 20" Pro Q - this is the one that promises to be a 20 inch version of the Frontier with heavier metal and hardware along with I bleive porcelain finish like on the WSM Stacker. Price range in the states is expected to be around $250-300.

WSM Stacker is expected to be around $75-80.

The pricing is dependent on the volume that can be shipped and warehoused.

Can't wait to get a stacker for my WSM!!

Disclaimer - this is in no way an official anything. Ian is the man. But I thought that it would be OK to let folks know what I was able to find out. There is some other info that I didn't feel comfortable posting here without permission.

Here's the latest from Ian regarding WSM Stacker:

Fred's Music and BBQ will be selling the Pro BBQ WSM Stacker. I'm still checking on whether they will be handling all Pro BBQ (including the 20" Excel).

http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=316&Click=830

So Smokinlicious will still be distributing ProBBQ, but will be getting them in later than Freds This was the information I didn't want to post until I had confirmation from Ian.

I was just in Fred's the other day and he confirmed that a container is on the way. He should have them in his store in 1 to 2 months.
You could probably place orders now, or very soon.

Hope this helps

Joe Ames

Link seems to work for me, you might have to resend if you get an error.

Update/Correction - Smokinlicious will still be distributing Pro BBQ, they will be getting them later than Fred's. Sorry for the error, I have updated my original post.

Smokinlicious will still be distributing Pro BBQ, they will be getting them later than Fred's.

This is great news! I (as well as others here) have done a lot of business with Smokinlicious and have been very pleased with their products and customer service.

Thanks for the update Ray!

Back