WSM Air Insulated Diffuser Plate

Tyson

TVWBB Super Fan
Do you think Weber will make an air insulated diffuser plate for the WSM to replace the water bowl? If it's good enough for the WSCG then it should be good enough for the WSM. I don't even put water in mine anymore. If I use water I just place a pan on top of the bowl. I don't like cleaning the bowl and it gets in the way when refueling. I will say the water bowl did help when learning how to use the WSM, but I feel the diffuser plate would be so much better.

Do you think Weber will make an air insulated diffuser plate for the WSM to replace the water bowl? If it's good enough for the WSCG then it should be good enough for the WSM. I don't even put water in mine anymore. If I use water I just place a pan on top of the bowl. I don't like cleaning the bowl and it gets in the way when refueling. I will say the water bowl did help when learning how to use the WSM, but I feel the diffuser plate would be so much better.

Wonder how big the diameter is on the WSCG diffuser plate. Would it fit in a 22 WSM??

Thats kind of what I do on my mini smoker. I have a terracotta plate as a heat sink and then I put the flat pizza plate on top of that to catch the grease. Both are covered in foil for easy cleaning.

Back