WOULD YOU????

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
Yesterday I passed-by one of our Weber Costa Rican Dealerships to survey what grills were-on-hand. Low and behold I came-across the 24" Weber Summit Kamado E-6 Grill with a price tag of $1425. I think I can get this price lowered-a-bit by paying cash, but, circling in my head is this more of a "WANT" than a "NEED". My Charcoal BBQ Arsenal already includes a Weber Performer Deluxe, WSM 18" Classic and Weber Smoky Joe. Not included in my BBQ Arsenal is a gas or pellet Grill.

I already have a set cash amount set-aside for a possible future purchase of a Pellet or Gas Grill, so, the wife, our dog "Manchas" and I won't be without BBQ eats. So, fellow Forum Members WOULD YOU take the plunge in purchasing this One-Hell-Of-A-Charcoal Kettle or wait in purchasing the Pellet or Gas Grill sometime next year in order to have a more versatile BBQ Arsenal???

Last edited:
E6 are only $1,049 from Weber with free shipping
ChuckO: Thanx for the reply but there is no free shipping in getting this grill from my Miami Courier Service to Costa Rica and they charge by weight. Also, I would have to pay the Costa Rican Custom Duties.

ChuckO: Thanx for the reply but there is no free shipping in getting this grill from my Miami Courier Service to Costa Rica and they charge by weight. Also, I would have to pay the Costa Rican Custom Duties.
Didn't think about that. Always figured CR was quality "affordable" living, but I guess somethings are expensive there. What's the cost of a 20LBS bag of Charcoal vs a 40LBS bag of pellets? That would factor in I'd think

I would see how much pellets vs charcoal cost.
charcoal goes a long ways, and for me pellets did not.
Also I sold my pellet pooper for charcoal greatness.......while not to frown upon pellet users, I did enjoy mine but like the charcoal flavor a lot more.
And you honestly only have 2 people to cook for and sometimes guests I would think....that would make me consider a couple more things.
I cooked for 7 people on my Jumbo Joe once and had left overs while using an SNS basket in it........just saying. ( 2 picahna roasts )
You better like smoked meat a lot because this does a good job and grills similar to your performer.
So to me the only advantage would be a versatile griller and smoker that works very well.
You could probably sell the performer if you got it too.
You may use more charcoal than your performer if you do a lot of smaller cooks compared to smokes.......I don't know this, https://tvwbb.com/members/brett-edh.48478/ could confirm this for me.
https://tvwbb.com/members/brett-edh.48478/report

Brett-EDH Sorry I don't know how to link him to the thread.​

Last edited:
Get it. I have the Summit charcoal which is the previous version with a little more features and trimmings than the new line, and absolutely LOVE it!!! I always say if I had to get rid of all but one of my 12 or 13 grills, I’d keep the Summit.

Do it and don’t think about it. It’s truly great

Richard, price an XL BGE with a stand and a platesetter heat deflector. That might make your eyes spin and then the E6 may not look as bad from a price point of view.

My Charcoal BBQ Arsenal already includes a Weber Performer Deluxe, WSM 18" Classic and Weber Smoky Joe.
I would personally pass - I have a similar outfit and do not have room for a kamado. It's not so much a financial decision as clutter. I definitely will not be without my kettle, WSM or SJ... and I don't need another cooker to hoard. But if you were my neighbor, I would definitely ask if I could cook on it :)

I like the gas grill for the convenience, the charcoal grill for flavor. I think you have the charcoal end of it pretty well covered, and a gasser will give you a good backup for your charcoal grills that you can just fire up and go. The kamado is a further refinement for charcoal that won't significantly extend your cooking capability for the expense of the grill (not much bang for the buck, in other words), but your cooking ability and variety of meals you prepare are likely different than mine, so that's for you to decide. I think the gasser would be the way to go just for the convenience of being able to fire up the grill and get dinner on the table quickly.

Back