Would Like Your Opinion on this WSM

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I’m going to be listing this WSM and cart shortly. I have no idea what I should ask for it.
Any thoughts you might have as to its worth I would appreciate.
The WSM is in excellent condition.
The cart I just replaced the cedar boards that the WSM sits on, I’m including the tank.

Thanks
Rich

100_5941 (1).JPG

100_5942 (1).JPG

100_5948 (1).JPG

Lately in SoCal the 18's are generally listed around $200. With the cart I would think you could ask $300.

Rich,
I just picked up my first two Webers used this spring and I have been looking at a lot of them. I am with J, an 18 WSM in the great shape that your is in the PA/MD/VA/WV area is right around $200. With the cart and the side burner that would increase the price. There was another WSM 18 with a pitmaster IQ for $275 on this site recently out in CA. My guts is with J and KE. I would start at $300 and not take less the $275. Good luck selling it keep us in the loop, this is a super cool piece.
Michael

Last edited:
So I bought, and flipped a 18", no cart. I paid $80, with cover. Looked like it had never been used.

Held it for two weeks and posted it for $200. It was gone a hour after I posted it and I had 4 others that wanted it...

Thanks for the advice everyone. I listed it on CL yesterday for $300, so far only one scammer has replied via email. Wanted to send a friend over to get and would send him with a money order. Of course once their gone and I find out the MO is bogus and there is nothing I can do.
Funny I told him send his friend but no MO I only except cash, haven't heard another thing.

Thanks all for your input, it only took 12 days but the second one that saw it bought it for the $300 I was asking
Congrats that thing was a beauty. I hope it gets used and appreciated. The guy I bought my WSM off of from marketplace recently messaged my wife and asked how I was doing with it and if it was getting used.

I just recently picked another 18 WSM in Orange County, CA for 150.00...It had all the parts but was pretty neglected but after carefully examing the pit it was mostly cosmetic dirt. The owner had a brand new door but didn't have a knob. Luckily I had a extra knob from replacing another door from my other wsm. It took about two days of elbow grease but after it is all and done the pit looks like new.

Back