Would feel better bout aggressive brisket trim

Yeah. Whenever I trim a brisket, I cube the trimmings to about 1" and freeze them. When I get enough, I'll grind them with about an equal amount of chuck. Might even add some pork rib trimmings if there are any in the freezer. Makes for a tasty burger.

Yeah. Whenever I trim a brisket, I cube the trimmings to about 1" and freeze them. When I get enough, I'll grind them with about an equal amount of chuck. Might even add some pork rib trimmings if there are any in the freezer. Makes for a tasty burger.
Have to agree. When I saw how severe the guy at Weber trims his packers I needed to sit down. This makes me hungry. Great idea

i have a LEM brand grinder. Have had it for years. I grind my own meats, including pork and chicken. I like it because 1, I get to chose my meat, and 2, I can control how corse the grind is. I will vouch for how good a brisket burger is!

I finally caught that video. I've been using my trimming for sausage lately but I also normally just pick up a chuck roast for that. I haven't cooked as many briskets as I'd like trimming Franklin style. The last time after taking the masterclass I did trim a lot more.

I think it's fine. I wouldn't use it as a sausage stuffer, but as a grinder it's fine. I just make sure and throw all the attachment stuff in the freezer to get it nice and cold and I chill the meat for a bit as well. This keeps the friction from the auger from creating heat and smearing your fat. It's also a good idea to trim any gristle.

Back