Working from Home PERi-PERi Chicken Wings

Barret

TVWBB Pro
I know I'm late to the PERi-PERi party, but oh boy I'm glad I finally bought some! I recently received an Amazon gift card so I bought a variety pack with four different kinds: Hot, Medium, Lemon & Herb, and Garlic. A few days ago I pulled out a bag of wings I had frozen a few weeks back and decided that today is the day I would smoke-roast wings while working from home. Too bad I can't do this at the office all the time!

I only opened one flavor because I want to save the others for other cooks. Today I opened the Hot flavor, and although it's not much hotter than, say, Franks RedHot Extra Hot or Louisiana Hot Sauce, the flavor is super good! The lemon (third ingredient) really comes through, with all the different spices and flavors. I was very pleased. I also looked and saw that there are several local grocery stores that carry this sauce, but I've never seen it so now I'm gonna have to look next time I'm there. Hopefully I can find the XX Hot flavor.

I tossed these wings with just some baking powder, salt and pepper, then blasted them on the grill with the coals in a vortex-style configuration. They turned out with very crispy skins and a very delicious flavor profile.

Oh, and the beer I paired with it (yes, I had a beer while working from home, but who cares?) was a Buoy Helles Lager, a perfect companion!

Cheers!
Barret

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg

Great looking wings! We have a few Nando's restaurants in the area and it's very good chicken.

Been wanting to try Peri Peri for a while, this review is just what I needed to pull the trigger.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who prefers a full-size keyboard when working with a laptop!

Oh, and the wings look okay, I guess.;)

Peri peri sauce is another one of those things I might have never known existed if not for this discussion board. And... it's gooooood.

Back