Worked Hard and Rewarded with a Tri Tip

Rich Dahl

R.I.P. 7/21/2024
Barb had three days off in a row (Happy Days) we’ve been working long days trying to catch up on things we needed to do around the house.
So we decided to reward ourselves with a nice tri tip. Wanted to try it on the Camp Chef, dialed it up to 275 used SPOG as the seasoning and let it go until it hit 130. Then I opened up the sear feature and put a light sear on it.
Let it rest for 15 minutes and served it with bakers done on the E320 and steamed broccoli.
It was the best Tri Tip we’ve ever had, tenderloin tender and very moist.
This is the first time I’ve used SPOG on a tri tip but it won’t be the last.
Next up with the leftover Tri Tip.
Tri Tip sandwich with a homemade spicy bourbon BBQ sauce.

100_6023.JPG

100_6028.JPG

100_6030.JPG

100_6033.JPG

100_6037.JPG

I seared tri-tip for the first time last week. Smoked until 110 deg IT, then moved it over to a 500 deg cast iron pan waiting on the gasser. 👍

Glad too see Barb get three days off in a row. Great looking Tri-Tip on the Camp Chef.... just the way I like it.
The homemade spicy bourbon BBQ sauce sound interesting care to share the recipe.(y)(y)

Glad too see Barb get three days off in a row. Great looking Tri-Tip on the Camp Chef.... just the way I like it.
The homemade spicy bourbon BBQ sauce sound interesting care to share the recipe.(y)(y)
I will Jeff as soon as I finalize it, I'm still tweaking it. It's based on the # 5 sauce with some added ingredients.

Looks Great Rich! Spog is in my opinion the best way to cook tri tip, and for that matter most things!

Back