Work lunch drummies and Shrimp N Grits

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Fired up the WSM to cook some drummies for work lunches. Put it to double duty and grilled some shrimp for our dinner.Wife makes great grits so she took lead on those.

Made my own version of Shrimp boil marinade. I had a short marinating time so I'm not sure it was worth it, but it did add some flavor. Definitely not as much as if the shrimp had been boiled in it.

For the Drummies standard SPOG with some chipotle to add some heat.

KBB, no smoke wood. WSM @ 325°. Windy rainy again... Seems to be our new norm. One nice day followed by 2-3 crappy days.

50011427667_de351b2119_c.jpg

50010499108_204c9a67ff_c.jpg

50011167226_5fc0e88461_c.jpg

50011290567_662ec27b26_c.jpg

50011028986_06c4a8fcbe_c.jpg

Man, those shrimp look great!

And think how much happier you'll be when you open your lunchbox and find a nice drumstick instead of an egg salad sandwich!

Really good looking, Case. All of it. Your WSM looks like it's about to fall off the edge in that first pic...dunno why I noticed that. Must be the ocd in me. Nice cook!

Great cooks Case, love the shrimp and grits. Does the wife use smoked gouda in the grits? If not tell her to give it a try next time.

Great cooks Case, love the shrimp and grits. Does the wife use smoked gouda in the grits? If not tell her to give it a try next time.
No No No! Grits get cooked just as plain grits. We do serve them with a side car of topping accompaniments. Usually grated cheese of some sorts (yes we've had smoked gouda), bacon bits, chives, butter, hot sauce, etc. One of my favorite toppings is smoked Tillamook pepper jack.

Back